08-25-11 10:28 PM
33 12
tools
    Terrible terrible battery. Returned my bold 9900 to Rogers after 3 days. Why buy a blackberry if you have to turn everything off in order for the battery too last. Rim made a big mistake putting in a smaller battery than the 9780!!!!!If you want to make strides do things right the first time. Just my two cents.
    08-25-11 08:05 AM
    My battery is probably last around 24 hours. I take the phone off the charger at 6am and it is still around 30% at 11pm at night. Have to recharge in the early afternoon of the next day...
    08-25-11 08:36 AM
    You know what'd be good? If there could be a solid survey on this. I've been trying out various things for the last few days (running the battery down entirely and charging from 0%, keeping wifi off, not using the case, etc.) and I'm getting various results.

Today I'm not using a case (anyone else remember the 8900 shipping with a case that was too tight and would run the battery down? Well, it's worth a try...), no wifi, played music for about an hour and have done a bit of Ubertwitter and I'm at 75% battery life after 6 hours. This is pretty good for me...but I'm still determined to get to the magic 2-day-mark that some people have mentioned.

Anyway, I'm waffling. Yeah, who else thinks that someone should do a thorough survey to identify the precise reasons behind some people having worse than normal battery life (I fully accept that this battery is worse on the whole)? I would volunteer myself but I'm far too incompetent. I'M THE IDEAS MAN.

If we can all see that properly awful battery life is for the people that do x, y and z at least RIM can try to get their act together and sort this once and for all.

Who's with me?! None of you? Oh. Sob.
    08-25-11 08:38 AM
    I understand that this type of battery is of different caliber to the ones used in the previous devices, and while the equation is like:

RIM'S old 1500 mah = RIM'S NEW 1300 mah

i think it would have been safer and better if they just stuck with the usual 1500 or a little more in the new battery. nut of course, I am aware of the possibility that they sacrificed the battery for the thinness and maybe to "cut cost" due to the hardware improvements. Who knows though
    08-25-11 10:02 AM
    Download a screen capture app and show us your usage screen. Im calling you out here.
    lol sorry don't really know what that is. but if you explain it ill be glad to do it.
    08-25-11 01:31 PM
    lol sorry don't really know what that is. but if you explain it ill be glad to do it.
    go to www.captureitota .com download app..

go to app management screen> usage >bb menu button >capture it.,..

post the picture..

you using wifi?
    08-25-11 09:08 PM
    I think I have to agree as draining the battery of mine seems to have ruined everything... was fully charged as I explored it the day I got it, around lunch the next day it was on red warning light... then I pushed it too far and it hasn't booted up since. Stuck in a continuous reboot cycle.
    DO NOT LET BATTERY GO COMPLETELY FLAT! Learned my lesson that's for sure.
    08-25-11 09:21 PM
    No I do not use WiFi. WiFi has always drained my previous phones, so I stay off it unless I am home or with a charger near by. I will download the screen capture program and go a day so you can see.
    08-25-11 10:28 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD