I added two home screen shortcuts. One is a browser bookmark and the other is a Whatsapp contact. Both were showing up in universal search, but have now mysteriously stopped showing up.

I didn't change any settings. I don't know if a battery pull caused it to break, or something else. I've tried cycling the "home screen" check box in Search options, but it still isn't working.

I'm on OS .342.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    05-30-12 02:27 PM
    BB OS, once in a while, seams to "forget" about those new shortcuts registered with it.

I have seen this before without being able to find out what triggers it.

MyOwnoIcons and MyOwnHotKeys apps are re-registering their icons and shortcuts to bypass this faulty OS behaviour.
    05-31-12 08:13 AM
    BB OS, once in a while, seams to "forget" about those new shortcuts registered with it.

I have seen this before without being able to find out what triggers it.

MyOwnoIcons and MyOwnHotKeys apps are re-registering their icons and shortcuts to bypass this faulty OS behaviour.
    Thanks. I'll try it. Does anyone know how to get the OS to natively re-index or somehow find the home screen items again?
    05-31-12 08:18 AM
    I'm having the exact same prob too...
    Also on .342
    05-31-12 02:26 PM
    Installing MyOwnIcons restored the results in search, as advertised by Vijik. Question to Vijik: will the problem recur while the apps are installed? I didn't actually do anything within the app; I just installed it.

I'm still interested in a native solution, if anyone has one.
    05-31-12 03:23 PM
    Installing MyOwnIcons restored the results in search, as advertised by Vijik. Question to Vijik: will the problem recur while the apps are installed? I didn't actually do anything within the app; I just installed it.

I'm still interested in a native solution, if anyone has one.
    It is less likely that it happens again with MyOwnIcons installed, but it is still possible.
    As mentioned before I am not sure what triggers this behaviour of the BB OS (when it forgets about registered shortcuts/icons).
    05-31-12 09:47 PM
    This stopped working again shortly after installing the app, after a reboot.
    06-06-12 03:28 PM
    Does it help if you open MyOwnIcons and hit BB key and click on "Refresh Icon Settings"?
    06-06-12 04:52 PM
    Clicking the BB menu key doesn't seem to do anything in the program. It doesn't open a menu.
    06-07-12 09:59 AM
    Clicking the BB menu key doesn't seem to do anything in the program. It doesn't open a menu.
    When you click on the MyOwnIcon's main icon in BB Home Screen, a page should open with title "My Own Icons". Is that the case?
    In that page, hitting BB/Menu key should open a menu with "Refresh Icon Settings" being one of the menu options. Is this the case?
    06-07-12 10:58 AM
    I click on the icon and get a screen that says "My Own Icons (V:1.2)" at the top. Immediately below is "Font Size For This Page:". Below that are some instructions, followed by a series of buttons "Configure moi_0", etc. At the bottom are instructions for obtaining a license. The menu key has no effect.
    06-07-12 11:21 AM
    I click on the icon and get a screen that says "My Own Icons (V:1.2)" at the top. Immediately below is "Font Size For This Page:". Below that are some instructions, followed by a series of buttons "Configure moi_0", etc. At the bottom are instructions for obtaining a license. The menu key has no effect.
    You have an old version of MyOwnIcons.
    MyOwnIcons version 1.3.1.0 is on App World. That version has "Refresh Icon Settings" menu item.
    06-07-12 11:26 AM
    I was installing the light version as a test. It's only at 1.2 on Appworld. Will you be updating it? I would certainly consider buying, but I want to make sure it solves the problem first.
    06-07-12 11:29 AM
    I was installing the light version as a test. It's only at 1.2 on Appworld. Will you be updating it? I would certainly consider buying, but I want to make sure it solves the problem first.
    You don't need to buy MyOwnIcons for this function (it works without a valid license key).

I will, within few hours, email you a download link for the latest version of MyOwnIcons.
    Hide the icons created by the app (except the main one), and just use it for that menu option.
    06-07-12 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD