I know many of us are probably using the OtterBox Commuter for our new Bold 9930..

I'm also pretty sure that many of us are hunting for a holster that will accommodate said case..

Can we post updates/findings in this thread, and possibly pics, to steer users who find themselves in this predicament a cost-effective, stress-free solution (vs. buying/trying/returning, etc.) ??

Thanks!
    09-26-11 04:55 PM
    That is the main reason I never bought the Commuter or Impact series. No Holster. I use the defender, works very well.
    09-26-11 04:59 PM
    I bought the defender and still am looking for a holster. Usually look at best buy, in the camera case section, to find over size cases. Usually get lucky but looked today and didn't find any. I also look at gps cases. If someone finds one, post it.
    09-26-11 05:34 PM
    Only thing I have found that comes close (fits and doesn't move around too much) is one of my old tactical pouches. I would rather use the included holster. Improved design from the 97xx series. Still not as good as their defenders on the 83xx series.
    09-26-11 05:40 PM
    I am a firm believer in insurance and the feel of the bold with no case is great! I use the leather holster that came with my 9930.
    09-26-11 05:50 PM
    I did enjoy the holster, but found it a tad too stiff and kept pressing my Up Volume key as I was taking it out. Otherwise, better than the one that was included with the 9780.
    09-26-11 05:52 PM
    Someone posted above that they have the Defender, but are still looking for a holster..doesn't the defender come with one?

The commuter is about as big as I want to go case-wise..was lucky enough that my 9650 Commuter fit into the good holster that came with the Best Buy Platinum Case/Holster combo.

Maybe that new Seidio Active holster will fit the Commuter? Maybe someone will take the plunge and check it out? Haha.

I'd be afraid to use the device naked; although, I did purchase two BestSkinsEver, full-body skins..not to mention that I've heard bad things about the OEM holster - it presses on the screen, buttons coming out, buttons being pushed, being so tight it scratches the device, etc..

Anyhow, keep ideas/solutions coming..maybe even get some pics going and we can turn this into a general BB9930 Protection Thread and give people some buying options.

Thanks!
    09-26-11 10:36 PM
    Someone posted above that they have the Defender, but are still looking for a holster..doesn't the defender come with one?

The commuter is about as big as I want to go case-wise..was lucky enough that my 9650 Commuter fit into the good holster that came with the Best Buy Platinum Case/Holster combo.

Maybe that new Seidio Active holster will fit the Commuter? Maybe someone will take the plunge and check it out? Haha.

I'd be afraid to use the device naked; although, I did purchase two BestSkinsEver, full-body skins..not to mention that I've heard bad things about the OEM holster - it presses on the screen, buttons coming out, buttons being pushed, being so tight it scratches the device, etc..

Anyhow, keep ideas/solutions coming..maybe even get some pics going and we can turn this into a general BB9930 Protection Thread and give people some buying options.

Thanks!
    Yeah, the Defender comes with a holster.
    09-26-11 10:39 PM
    I believe there were some posts about this previously, and apparently the old 9900 holster does fit a 9900 with a commuter (which I was a huge defender supporter but this case is rad)..

And the defeder case defitely includes a holster- I know because I have it too :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 12:39 AM
    LOTS of threads mentioning that the OEM 9000 holster works perfectly with the Commuter. I should know; I posted on most of them, because I'm using it myself.

09-27-11 01:07 AM
    LOTS of threads mentioning that the OEM 9000 holster works perfectly with the Commuter. I should know; I posted on most of them, because I'm using it myself.

I have this question asked in another thread also, but here goes..

The 9000 had 2 available holsters..koskin (has cutouts in bottom corners, fake leather) and leather (no cutouts, real leather).

which one do you have that works?
    09-28-11 12:39 AM
    I just got the 9000 holster & hard shell combo from the crackberry store (the real leather holster). It works very well, however the holster flap isn't quite closed. It's not a big deal, but this phone must be a little taller meaning the flap isn't fully aligned with the closing magnet. No problem for me though, it's enough to keep it closed, and everything else works perfectly with this combo (fits good, sleeper magnet, great protection).
    09-28-11 06:41 AM
    RHP23 - I have the koskin with the cutouts.

09-28-11 07:03 AM
    I just got the 9000 holster & hard shell combo from the crackberry store (the real leather holster). It works very well, however the holster flap isn't quite closed. It's not a big deal, but this phone must be a little taller meaning the flap isn't fully aligned with the closing magnet. No problem for me though, it's enough to keep it closed, and everything else works perfectly with this combo (fits good, sleeper magnet, great protection).

I found that as well - I'm using the same combo, except with the oem soft shell. What you can do is use your thumb to slowly work the magnet on the flap towards the upper edge of the flap. It feels like the magnet just sits in a cutout inside the flap, once you get it free, it should move. This lets more of the magnet on the flap catch the one on the body of the holster, resulting in a stronger more secure grip when closed. I'll attach a pic showing what I've done (you'll be able to see an outline where the magnet use to be vs where it is now)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blackberry Guy; 09-28-11 at 11:18 AM.
    joesworld likes this.
    09-28-11 10:42 AM
    I will have to try that deal with pushing the magnet farther down the flap, that would certainly make a difference.

I've got the 9000 koskin holster, and it works perfectly with the Commuter clad 9930.
    fredericb likes this.
    09-28-11 12:52 PM
    Blackberry Guy, that's a fantastic idea... so simple yet effective!
    09-28-11 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD