I know this might be a bit crazy, but has anyone else experienced the phenomenon when you hold your 9930 between your shoulder and your chin, and speak to someone, they ALWAYS say "WHATT???? I can't hear you??? It's so muffled!!!"

I've been experimenting with this for a few days, and I can't figure out why it happens. Holding the BB like this does not obstruct the microphone. And I didn't have this issue with my 9650.

Let the speculation begin.
    10-27-11 06:28 PM
    "WHATT???? I can't hear you??? It's so muffled!!!"

LaFlamaBlanca likes this.
    10-27-11 06:30 PM
    oooh sorry, I was holding my BlackBerry under my chin.
    10-27-11 06:32 PM
    Bluetooth... Problem solved...
    10-27-11 06:33 PM
    This is, by far, the most annoying thing about the 9930. I've had this problem since day 1 and it makes it so hard to get anything else done while on the phone. I couldn't figure out "the why" either.
    10-27-11 06:35 PM
    Have you tried putting a case on it?
    10-27-11 06:37 PM
    This is, by far, the most annoying thing about the 9930. I've had this problem since day 1 and it makes it so hard to get anything else done while on the phone. I couldn't figure out "the why" either.
    So it's not just me?!! THANK GOD!!!
    10-27-11 06:43 PM
    It's not just you!! Hold the phone with your left chin and shoulder!! I do that and the problem immediately goes away based on other parties responses. So its because the mic is sitting on your chin, under your mouth. This phone was made for lefties I guess?
    10-27-11 06:52 PM
    It's not just you!! Hold the phone with your left chin and shoulder!! I do that and the problem immediately goes away based on other parties responses. So its because the mic is sitting on your chin, under your mouth. This phone was made for lefties I guess?
    Actually I AM lefty - and I DO hold it on my left shoulder!! Maybe I should try it on my right shoulder... LOL.
    10-27-11 06:55 PM
    If you look at the front of the phone, then look at the right side under where the right shift key is, there is a tiny gap where the black meets the metal for the microphone.
    10-27-11 07:01 PM
    If you look at the front of the phone, then look at the right side under where the right shift key is, there is a tiny gap where the black meets the metal for the microphone.

Exactly, for me, even holding it flush (not via shoulder) on the right side causes problems. With the OP being a leftie, perhaps its just whenever the microphone is too far BELOW the mouth regardless of side. For me, my natural hold on the left side works because the mic is on the same plane as my mouth.
    10-27-11 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD