Yes, new user account No, not new to the forums since i've never had the need to make an account as the community is so helpful and informative!

Anyway. I've had my 9900 every since launch day and I absolutely love it. The thing that gets to me the most though, as everyone else is the battery life.

I've gone through the 10-steps-to-better-battery life, upgraded to the latest OS, deleted almost every single app apart from things like bbm and twitter, turn wifi off when not in use, switch to 2G, blah blah blah.

However ive been monitoring the forums for a good 6 or so months and realized that my battery discharge rate DESPITE doing all this on average is between 5-6%... And i'm only using bbm with twitter on MANUAL refresh, and the once in a blue moon web browsing on wifi.

Looking at billions of other threads, people are complaining about having "high" discharge rates of 1-2%. To be honest i'd be on the moon if my rate was that low.

Im starting to think the battery is defective; or maybe the results im seeing are just those one in a thousand devices that are lucky but for some reason a huge majority on the forums?

Not sure what to do at this point; cant return the handset itself because I bought it without a contract, unlocked.

TLDR: 4-5% Avg Discharge Rate; Defected battery or normal?
    02-13-12 12:40 AM
    Probably the BBM. Never trusted that app.
    02-13-12 01:18 AM
    I called AT&T and complained about my battery life. They purchased me a spare battery. I bought myself an external charger, and since then I've been swapping out batteries after the battery I'm using drops into the teens. I'm more at peace now, knowing that I'll never be stuck with a dead phone.
    02-13-12 01:43 AM
    I called AT&T and complained about my battery life. They purchased me a spare battery. I bought myself an external charger, and since then I've been swapping out batteries after the battery I'm using drops into the teens. I'm more at peace now, knowing that I'll never be stuck with a dead phone.
    not a bad idea. i might give AT&T a call tomorrow
    02-13-12 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD