Hello everyone!

I love this website and this is my first post. I'm confident that I will find the best solution of my problem here. "hopefully".

Well ummm, when i first bought the BB 9900 the performance was just GREATTT! But the problem started when my BBM contacts number passed the 1500

Now for example: if i entered a convo. it freezes (showing loading small black icon) for about 1-2 mins (sometimes 10 minutes!!). then when i start writing it freezes again for about 20 secs. then for each step inside the BBM the same freezing happens!!!

Actually I'm using my BBM for Support/Discussion services and i need such a high number of people to stay. But i also need someone to advice me what to do with this frustrating problem, it's killing me.

[Note: freezing usually happens only in BBM.]

I'm angry & wondering why dear RIM allow us to add up to 2000 contacts while the operating system it self can't handle it?!!!
    10-24-11 02:27 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

That is a lot of BBM Contacts!
    One of the issues is how BBM is staying instantly updated with contacts' statuses, comments, profile pics, and now BBM-integrated apps. I honestly don't think it's reasonable to think you'd get optimum performance with that many BBM Contacts.

If you go to the Blogs section (click on big CB logo at top left of this webpage) and Search for "BBM stress test" you'll find the couple times Kevin has tested how many BBM Contacts he can have and keep his BB functional.

You are right though: it's silly that RIM allows such a number of BBM Contacts if it is virtually guaranteed to decrease your performance, and likely by a lot.

I was curious how often you perform a battery pull?
    i.e. With BB fully powered on, remove the battery, then replace battery after ~30 seconds to initiate reboot.
    10-24-11 02:43 PM
    I don't see why RIM would set limits. It's up to the user to choose how they use the phone. Any groups installed, or just contacts? That is an insane (not meant as a personal attack ) number of contacts to have. One would think email or pin would be a better way to keep in touch with that many people.
    10-24-11 03:12 PM
    This is the equivalent to saying that the system should limit the amount of text messages or emails that a system can hold because you could run out of memory...

None of the systems do this and a ton of devices will hit a performance impact upon testing said limits...
    10-24-11 03:32 PM
    Thanks dear elite for your quick helpful response.

I checked Kevin stress test and i felt jealous watching how quick is OS5 comparing to the new high-quality looking OS7, i feel much of transition high-quality effects has a role in slowing down the performance in general.

I removed the battery and did a reset, it's working almost perfect now. But probably after leaving it on stand-by for few hours will take it back to the dead performance nightmare...

Moreover, i feel it's lighter after i deleted some big sized HD videos from the gallery.

I currently have 8GB SD memory, do you suggest 32GB SD? (if possible)... Will it improve the performance??

Mr. BigBadWulf: i do have one small group only..
    10-24-11 03:37 PM
    Do you get any peace and quiet with 1500+ contacts?

I couldn't imagine that.
    10-24-11 04:43 PM
    MoOodle, you can always do a soft reboot. Press and hold alt-right shift-del. Your bb will boot fresh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 08:09 PM
    One small group wouldn't do it, unless the members were constantly rejoining. A larger SD won't help, but make sure it's a class 6. Any slower would effect performance some as it needs to reindex. What apps do you have installed?
    10-24-11 10:38 PM
    Thanks everyone!!! It's not freezing anymore like before.

I guess the reason was of many large sized HD videos saved in the SD memory. Also now I'm removing the battery once or twice everyday then put it back and things are going fine till now (Thank God).
    10-26-11 02:47 PM
    Out of contex but I'm wondering how much speed that this phone can trasfer to the Micro sd?
    I mean I know the difference between class 2 class 4 or class 6 micro SD card
    And it does make a lot of differences when u use them in a laptop or digicam as they support higher trasfer rate
    But for a phone , does is really make any difference ?
    Is there anyway to test the transfer rate of this phone ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 06:33 PM
    There's never been any hard data I'm aware of, with performance specs on bus speeds for different phones, but while it was pointless to use faster than class 2 years ago, that isn't the case today. I'd suggest for the latest models using a class 6, though you can find class 10 at about the same price, so........
    10-26-11 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD