Anyone else not a fan of the back? I love the leather from the bold series. I hope they keep the leather. But I think this phone would definitely replace my 9780..been waiting for a bold 9000 upgrade for so long.
    The back is ugly as ****. The rest looks awesome.
    Agreed. Still, this device is gonna rock.
    02-20-11 07:08 PM
    Been eying an iphone lately because I like my ipod touch (sans the annoying lack of keyboard). Had a really hard time not getting the Torch (ultimately I just always had bad luck with 'moving' phones). Was always jealous of 9000 users.
    So there we have it. My new phone

EDIT:

Does this have Mobile Hot Spot?
    02-20-11 09:05 PM
    Thin!! Real real thin. )
    Doesn't seem to be any thinner than the 97xx, but I guess it is hard to tell from that first picture.
    02-20-11 09:52 PM
    Bold is sexier. May be Dakota will grow on me after we get a chance to fondle it.
    02-20-11 11:48 PM
    Anyone know a possible release date? My contract with Verizon is up next month, and I'm chomping at the bit for a new device. Almost bought a Bold yesterday...
    02-21-11 07:44 AM
    Has it really the dimensions of the Bold 9000??

I made a drawing with the dimensions, they have leaked.
    The device itself is "only" about 5mm (0,197 inches) wider than my 8900
    And the new screen only about 2mm (0,08 inches) wider - the hight is the same...
    02-21-11 09:05 AM
    Does this have Mobile Hot Spot?
    According to the leaked specs, Yes -> BlackBerry Dakota pictured and specs revealed; Keyboard, touchscreen, HD video and more | CrackBerry.com
    02-21-11 01:00 PM
    So when we gong to see the video of this masterpiece . There's know way all this guy did was take a couple pictures come on RELEASE The VIDEO!!!!!!!!
    02-21-11 01:34 PM
    Doesn't seem to be any thinner than the 97xx, but I guess it is hard to tell from that first picture.
    It's thinner than the 9700
    02-21-11 01:46 PM
    As a current RIM hater (only use BB because I must these days), this would actually make me want to have as my personal phone. But the deal breaker for me would be the no contract price. I hope they don't put this thing much above 500. If it's 500 or below then I will give up my Nexus S for it.

Only complaint is the back, it looks ugly as sin, but perhaps it isn't final. Also it looks like they could have made the screen bigger looking at that big chin on the bottom but maybe there are some internals going there that I'm not aware of.
    As the flagship device, I can almost guarantee the full retail price of this device on the release date will be more that $500. When the Storm2 came out on my carrier here (and was touted as RIM's flagship device) it's initial full retail price tag was $775.

After it's been out for 3 to 6 months the full retail price might become more reasonable. I've noticed some of the newer BBs (like the 9300/9330) have very reasonable full retail price tags... Only time will tell.

And I agree, the only thing I don't like is the tacky battery cover, hopefully a sexy otterbox commuter will come out for this device and hide it
    02-21-11 01:51 PM
    Kudos to the person who leaked these photos, but you couldn't take a profile pic to compare the thickness vs. the 9700? come on! :0
    02-21-11 04:09 PM
    It's thinner than the 9700
    Bummer. Some people prefer bigger (fatter) phones as well. What is the appeal of having slim devices?
    02-21-11 05:25 PM
    The more I see and raed about this device the more I dislike it. Glad there will be a market for it and especially glad that those who have been pining for the Bold 9000 form factor are getting their wish.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 06:03 PM
    Wondering if the specs are going to be enough to run even a lite qnx os version down the line. If not, then I do not see myself picking this up. I refuse to drop big bucks on this model if then I would have to drop another round of bills to pick up a qnx powered bb.
    02-21-11 06:11 PM
    I'm so getting this
    02-22-11 06:25 AM
    Whoopie, I don't see what the big deal is? I want to see a larger screen for older eyes. But that's only me, hope you all love it when you get it.
    02-22-11 08:24 AM
    Kudos to the person who leaked these photos, but you couldn't take a profile pic to compare the thickness vs. the 9700? come on! :0
    Would like to see it as well
    02-22-11 11:20 AM
    So as previously indicated no sign of a left convenience key in these shots.
    02-22-11 01:08 PM
    T-Mobile is getting this first, Verizon is getting this last, both by summer, however T-Mobile is getting this sometime in late march. Verizon will get this is June. The BB reps have already been going to the T-Mobile Stores.
    02-22-11 01:32 PM
    T-Mobile is getting this first, Verizon is getting this last, both by summer, however T-Mobile is getting this sometime in late march. Verizon will get this is June. The BB reps have already been going to the T-Mobile Stores.
    I really hope you're right...I'm getting this on TMO as soon as it comes out.
    02-22-11 01:44 PM
    What about Sprint?
    02-22-11 05:46 PM
    How do you know this?
    02-22-11 06:02 PM
    How would someone know about BB reps being in T mobile?

I like my Torch but really want to move back to classic form of BB with a more current outfitting. the only down to the Torch is no volume of any sort. I hope this rocks like the 9000. So faster processor, wifi hub & share, HD video would be so cool. Any news When ATT will get this??
    02-22-11 06:54 PM
    The more I see and raed about this device the more I dislike it. Glad there will be a market for it and especially glad that those who have been pining for the Bold 9000 form factor are getting their wish.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have to agree with you on the looks - I don't like the way it looks. Granted, most of these will be covered by cases.

What is it that you are reading about don't you like? Just curious....
    02-22-11 07:16 PM
    I'm really getting tired of GSM BB's being exclusive for T-Mo.
    02-22-11 09:24 PM
150 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD