I love the form factor of the 9000 and I've been waiting on RIM to create another device with the 9000 form factor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-11 07:47 PM
    I agree, my favorite bberry of all time has been the 9000 although i am really liking my torch right now. Something i always liked about bberrys is the fact the phone fits the in the hand nicely, a lot of people are asking for a 4.3 inch phone but i think that would be a mistake.

All those phones look huge to me. At any rate, i am really looking forward to this device and the PB.
    03-15-11 09:36 AM
    The chin isnt really any bigger than the 9700 -- the difference is on the 9700, you have a sloping chrome bezel below the black chin, and on the Bold Touch they eliminated the sloping bezel and go more of a straight drop off.

If you look at the pic closely you will see what I mean. Paint the chrome bezel flat black on that 9700 and take a pic from directly above and it would look like the same amount of real estate on both phones.

Since the Touch is thinner than the 9700, a sloping bezel was probably not possible so they left it flat all the way to the edge of the phone.
    Last edited by Average Joe; 03-19-11 at 11:24 PM.
    03-19-11 11:21 PM
    i really liked the size of the screen on the 7750. it was kind of big, but not bad. when i switched to the 8830 it seemed so tiny. bring that screen size back, with a high res touch screen. money. at least for me...
    03-20-11 12:32 AM
    Is there any new information about release dates? Been gone for a while and I'm wondering if I missed any information.

Using my Curve 3G after crushing my Torch and it's OK, but I really want something with a bit more ooomph...
    03-20-11 09:10 AM
    The chin isnt really any bigger than the 9700 -- the difference is on the 9700, you have a sloping chrome bezel below the black chin, and on the Bold Touch they eliminated the sloping bezel and go more of a straight drop off.

If you look at the pic closely you will see what I mean. Paint the chrome bezel flat black on that 9700 and take a pic from directly above and it would look like the same amount of real estate on both phones.

Since the Touch is thinner than the 9700, a sloping bezel was probably not possible so they left it flat all the way to the edge of the phone.
    Same with the 9650 really... Add the lip and the metal bezel and you get a big chin.

03-20-11 04:22 PM
    Is it me or does it look like the screen is the exact same size? based on the pic above of course.
    03-21-11 12:32 PM
    Is it me or does it look like the screen is the exact same size? based on the pic above of course.
    it's a combination of being a bad picture and the fact that the screen wont necessarily be noticeably longer, just wider.
    03-21-11 01:48 PM
    I know everyone is talking about the at&t acquisition of T-Mobile USA, but is it just me, or does it seem a little TOO quiet on the new phones... Shouldn't we see something soon?
    03-21-11 06:55 PM
    what a great device..cant wait for upgrade
    03-24-11 09:26 AM
    I know everyone is talking about the at&t acquisition of T-Mobile USA, but is it just me, or does it seem a little TOO quiet on the new phones... Shouldn't we see something soon?
    I think right now it's all about the Playbook. After that's out, we should hear something more concrete about the phone. BTW, let's keep the discount carriers alive. Switching to tmo today to support the cause.
    03-24-11 10:04 AM
    I think right now it's all about the Playbook. After that's out, we should hear something more concrete about the phone. BTW, let's keep the discount carriers alive. Switching to tmo today to support the cause.
    I get the feeling that we will hear something around the same time the Playbook is released. Who knows, a surprise release of the Dakota or one of the other phones either right before, during, or right after the Playbook release. Who knows, RIM keeps losing credibility on their consumers day by day. They need to do something before they lose too much.
    03-24-11 10:31 PM
    I get the feeling that we will hear something around the same time the Playbook is released. Who knows, a surprise release of the Dakota or one of the other phones either right before, during, or right after the Playbook release. Who knows, RIM keeps losing credibility on their consumers day by day. They need to do something before they lose too much.
    The announcement of the Playbook being able to run android apps was just like a cold bucket of water thrown at the tech community. RIM is saying they are not just trying to stay alive but here to truly compete.

There's a thread of people saying that they will NEVER go back to bberry. Hmm, never say never.
    03-25-11 05:55 AM
    That's a nice brownie!

03-25-11 05:40 PM
    Its a normal strategy for a company that only does one thing.

when Nintendo announced the 3DS, they basically halted all Wii titles, to focus resources and attention to their upcoming system, and after a few months, they will again allocate resources back to promoting new titles such as Zelda

The Playbook not only goes up against Apple and the google gang, but shows the steps RIM has been taking in the past year and is its next big thing after the lame Torch. Why Rim thought that a clearly year old phone spec wise could compete with the iphone and google....while losing the trademark BB battery, I am unsure.

However the playbook aims to surge past what RIM usually does (entry level devices) and with that, consumers will be interested in their new slew of above entry level devices (by the time they come out this summer/fall) and will garner more attention.

I mean, what else is there to say except to release the phone?
    03-25-11 08:11 PM
    Is there any new information about release dates? Been gone for a while and I'm wondering if I missed any information.

Using my Curve 3G after crushing my Torch and it's OK, but I really want something with a bit more ooomph...
    Try using a Curve 3G on OS 6.....
    03-25-11 09:24 PM
    All I know is Ill be picking one of these bad boys up the day theyre released.

C'mon RIM, let us know already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far the only thing Im not a fan of, is the fact that the answer and hang up buttons arent Green and Red. So yeah, Im pretty psyched about this release
    Last edited by Average Joe; 04-18-11 at 01:33 PM.
    04-18-11 01:30 PM

meh. if that's a dealbreaker for you, up to you.

other bb's may be fine to type on, but the 9000 design was the best. period.
    great pic showing the size diff.... would be cool to see a similar pic comparing the 9900/9930 with the 9000... see how close they really are in size...
    04-18-11 02:24 PM
    great pic showing the size diff.... would be cool to see a similar pic comparing the 9900/9930 with the 9000... see how close they really are in size...
    You took the words right out of my mouth
    04-19-11 09:41 AM
    Looks like my dream BB but it NEEDS the lock/unlock button on top... hate the old way of locking and unlocking the phone.
    Yes, I agree as well. But if you look at the Roadmap page CrackBerry has:

2011 BlackBerry Smartphone Roadmap Explained in Detail | CrackBerry.com

You will see on the second picture of the Bold Touch section, that the Mute key is now with the volume keys on the side, and there is a button on the top of the smartphone. It does not say what the top key is, but it is a good guess that its the lock/unlock button on the top. Hopefully so. I would be disappointed if there was not a lock/unlock button on the top like all the recent BlackBerry smartphones. It makes it so much easier than how it was with the 9000.
    04-19-11 10:02 AM
    is there a reason why the forehead and chin are so big on this device? Just curious. I cant wait to try this though
    Assuming the size matches up to the 9000, the distance from the top fret to the bottom of the device is going to be almost exactly the same on this device as on the 9700, the only actual difference is one slopes down to the end making it seem less.

As far as the reason for it being there, it is for the same reason as them choosing to not put in a taller screen on the device and that is ensuring the balance of the device is right.
    04-19-11 10:25 AM
    I think this pretty much sealed the deal that I won't be getting this and going for the Torch 2 instead. Since upgrading to OS 6 on the 9700 and being visually impaired most pages on the new browser are unreadable. Aside from being a little wider the screen just isn't big enough.

Not that I am a size queen or anything, but I do like to be able to read what I see.
    04-21-11 03:32 PM
    Heavy browser users will prefer a full screen touch. Heavy text users will like the Bold Touch. I don't use the browser much - check scores or look up a restaurant location. That's about it.

04-21-11 04:50 PM
    I think this pretty much sealed the deal that I won't be getting this and going for the Torch 2 instead. Since upgrading to OS 6 on the 9700 and being visually impaired most pages on the new browser are unreadable. Aside from being a little wider the screen just isn't big enough.

Not that I am a size queen or anything, but I do like to be able to read what I see.

I hear you. I was fine with COLUMN view but the OS 6 version didnt have the Column view. Does anyone know if the column view will be introduced in BOLD touch? Appreciate any feedback. One option is using Opera mini. Thats what i use now
    04-21-11 04:58 PM
    I hear you. I was fine with COLUMN view but the OS 6 version didnt have the Column view. Does anyone know if the column view will be introduced in BOLD touch? Appreciate any feedback. One option is using Opera mini. Thats what i use now
    Don't think it is necessary, if you double tap text with the touchscreen, it reformats the text in column view, I am sure this will be the same.
    04-21-11 07:43 PM
150 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD