For me, the Montana might be what brings me back.
    Same here. I have been utilizing an android device for the last several months. While I appreciate the multimedia options this device brings, I strongly miss the email/messaging superiority of Blackberry. Again, as a loyal Verizon customer, I am patiently awaiting the newest Bold device to be released.
    03-04-11 01:19 PM
    Same here. I have been utilizing an android device for the last several months. While I appreciate the multimedia options this device brings, I strongly miss the email/messaging superiority of Blackberry. Again, as a loyal Verizon customer, I am patiently awaiting the newest Bold device to be released.
    Yea, like there are certain things that I will certainly check on before switching back as far as some multimedia stuff goes. But really if their browser isn't up to snuff with Android and iOS, then I doubt I'll be going back. I've been spoiled by the web browsing capabilities of those devices.
    03-04-11 01:35 PM
    For me, the Montana might be what brings me back.
    I'm with this. I use a BB these days only because I must but the dakota/montana might be the phone to make me go back because I want to.
    03-04-11 01:57 PM
    This is gonna be my next phone!!!!! I love this. I hope Tmo gets this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 06:24 PM
    For me the Montana is RIM's last chance to keep me from going to an Android device.

Screw Android. Did you hear about the latest virus that affected 200,000 users? The App store was hit by a wave of virus's. I feel safer with a BB.
    Last edited by Tony1988; 03-04-11 at 10:15 PM.
    03-04-11 08:12 PM
    I'm really getting tired of GSM BB's being exclusive for T-Mo.
    What phones are u referring to?! As indicatedn u have a torch. Plus At&t has the 9700. Tmo had the 9780 but the main diff is the 512mb mem, 5mp camera, and OS6. If u shrink ur OS, mem shouldn't be a problem. The 3.5 mp cam ain't all tht bad. Then there is always the
    Option of an unlocked phone.

03-05-11 07:50 AM
    03-05-11 08:49 AM
    here's a dumb questions for you guys....will this bb have an on screen keyboard too? i wouldn't think so since 2 keyboards at all times would be overkill, but hey in the world of bb you never know. i hope it doesn't. i hate the torch's small on screen keyboard.

and on that same note, are the "buttons" touch as well? Or are they actually buttons? (the keyboard i mean)
    Last edited by olliegrl; 03-11-11 at 05:54 PM.
    03-11-11 05:35 PM
    here's a dumb questions for you guys....will this bb have an on screen keyboard too? i wouldn't think so since 2 keyboards at all times would be overkill, but hey in the world of bb you never know. i hope it doesn't. i hate the torch's small on screen keyboard.

and on that same note, are the "buttons" touch as well? Or are they actually buttons? (the keyboard i mean)
    No this one won't have an on screen keyboard. There is no need for it on a candy bar form factor. Also it would be ridiculous to use a complete touch-keyboard on that small screen.

The buttons are all physical buttons (including the ones next to the keypad).
    03-11-11 06:59 PM
    I had the 9000 for a year and a half, then upgraded to the 9700.. went back to the 9000 just to see how it felt. and.. well.. it felt way too big! I just now picked the 9000 up again and compared to my 9700 I dont know if I could go back to the 9000 - even with a touch screen.. now if the 9700 had a touch screen!
    03-11-11 11:19 PM
    Looks like my dream BB but it NEEDS the lock/unlock button on top... hate the old way of locking and unlocking the phone.
    03-12-11 12:28 AM
    I had the 9000 for a year and a half, then upgraded to the 9700.. went back to the 9000 just to see how it felt. and.. well.. it felt way too big! I just now picked the 9000 up again and compared to my 9700 I dont know if I could go back to the 9000 - even with a touch screen.. now if the 9700 had a touch screen!
    my friend had the original bold and i loved the size! i felt the screen had more to offer than my 9700's.
    03-12-11 09:02 AM
    so what does it look like the main differences between the bold 9780 and dakota will be spec wise?
    03-12-11 12:21 PM
    so what does it look like the main differences between the bold 9780 and dakota will be spec wise?
    Quite a big difference, here are the rumoured dakota specs:

Dimensions: 115 x 66 x 10.5mm
    Processor:
    Montana / CDMA: Qualcomm 1.2GHz CPU
    Dakota / GSM: TBA...
    Radio:
    Montana / CDMA: 800/1900 MHz EvDO Rev A with Receive Diversity (PCS Only); Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; Dual Band UMTS (HSPA 7.2/5.76) 900/2100MHz
    Dakota / GSM: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; Tri Band UMTS
    Display: 2.8" diagonol - VGA 640 x 480, resolution 287dpi
    Camera: 5mp - Flash - Image Stabilization - HD Recording (720p)
    Navigation: Capacitive Touch, Optical Trackpad
    Keypad: Wide QWERTY - Physical Send, End, Escape, Menu, Right Side Convenience Key, Volume Control
    Memory: 8GB - 512 - 768MB RAM - up to 32GB MicroSd Card
    WiFi: 2.4 GHZ b/g/n - 5GHz a/n - Mobile Hotspot
    Connectivity: Micro USB - Bluetooth - NFC
    Sensors: Magnetometer - Accelerometer - Proximity

So compared to the 9780 it will POSSIBLY have 200mb more RAM, will have a bigger screen, will have a higher pixel density, will have a magnetometer, accelerometer and proximity sensor. A 1.2 ghz CPU instead of the 624mhz on the bold 9780. Some other stuff blahblalhblablblbalh.
    03-12-11 12:44 PM
    I honestly don't get why peeps say this is so much bigger than a 9700, I mean yes it it bigger, but isn't like you are holding a EVO in your hand or majority of phones that have a 4" screen.

Again I know it is bigger, but isn't like woah I can't use this...it is wayyy to big.

I personally think it is just fine in size. 9700 is nice too. Don't think you could lose either way. Now you go much bigger than a 9000 or smaller than a 9700, then I can see complaints.

With that said plenty of people love the size of those 4" phones and many love the Pearl series size as well...

Good to have options.

03-13-11 06:41 AM
    good point. I remember when the original bold came out and a friend got it. I was SUPER impressed by the screen. I can't wait til this bold comes out and I can see it in person.
    03-13-11 10:47 AM
    Yeah that's just about my only beef. They made it a bit wider but I would have like to see them make it a bit longer too, and just looking externally it looks like they had the room to do it, but once again I won't pretend to know. But if the screen were a little longer it'd be nearing perfection.
    03-13-11 04:24 PM
    Yeah that's just about my only beef. They made it a bit wider but I would have like to see them make it a bit longer too, and just looking externally it looks like they had the room to do it, but once again I won't pretend to know. But if the screen were a little longer it'd be nearing perfection.
    I think that's where the torch comes in.
    03-14-11 08:03 AM
    I honestly don't get why peeps say this is so much bigger than a 9700, I mean yes it it bigger, but isn't like you are holding a EVO in your hand or majority of phones that have a 4" screen.

Again I know it is bigger, but isn't like woah I can't use this...it is wayyy to big.

I personally think it is just fine in size. 9700 is nice too. Don't think you could lose either way. Now you go much bigger than a 9000 or smaller than a 9700, then I can see complaints.

With that said plenty of people love the size of those 4" phones and many love the Pearl series size as well...

Good to have options.

I dont think its the size that bothers me so much. I think its the form factor. Think of the 9780 as a modern lexus. Well the 9000 looks like a very good lexus as well... but a lexus of 10 years ago.

When you put both phones side by side, the 9780 looks like the knewer design while the dakota looks like the old tech.

I'm talking pure astedics here...
    03-14-11 08:15 AM
    That's why I always said that I'd rather have a 9780 thats similar in size to what the dakota is now. It just seems like RIM is going backward with this form factor while every other device they make, including the other 2011 models seem to be following in the frame design of the 9780... hey, its just a good design... they should just stick with what works well and stop experimenting with these different housings that make these things look less like signature blackberries today
    03-14-11 08:19 AM
    I think its designed to go a bit retro refering to the super popular Bold 9000
    03-14-11 08:41 AM
    I have always gotten the feeling people loved the 9000 and want it back. I for one am one of those. I hope is a little slimmer but overall very happy with that form.
    03-14-11 10:16 AM
    i love the form factor of the 9000.. and not to sound sexist here but i find the 9000 more of a man phone.. especially if you have big hands.
    IMHO, it's what a true phone should look and feel like.
    03-14-11 10:57 AM
    I have always gotten the feeling people loved the 9000 and want it back. I for one am one of those. I hope is a little slimmer but overall very happy with that form.
    it'll be the thinnest bb ever.. ~10mm
    03-14-11 11:37 AM
    I think that's where the torch comes in.
    Yeah but I don't want a slide out qwerty. Makes the phone thicker and the keyboard isn't as good. I'm not talking same screen sizes I just mean a little longer.
    03-14-11 12:36 PM
150 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD