I'm really getting tired of GSM BB's being exclusive for T-Mo.
    You have a torch......
    02-22-11 10:21 PM
    What about Sprint?
    Anybody???
    02-22-11 10:30 PM
    How do you know this?
    I have contacts with T-Mobile, and Verizon..T-mobile is getting ready to launch this. As you can see i m on verizon, and i dont like that T-Moblie is getting this first, however there is nothing we can do about this. In about 5 -6 weeks you will see more info on this. Give or take a week or maybe even sooner.

I dont know about Sprint, sorry.
    02-23-11 11:43 AM
    T-Mobile is getting this first, Verizon is getting this last, both by summer, however T-Mobile is getting this sometime in late march. Verizon will get this is June. The BB reps have already been going to the T-Mobile Stores.
    what bout at&t?
    02-23-11 01:02 PM
    I have contacts with T-Mobile, and Verizon..T-mobile is getting ready to launch this. As you can see i m on verizon, and i dont like that T-Moblie is getting this first, however there is nothing we can do about this. In about 5 -6 weeks you will see more info on this. Give or take a week or maybe even sooner.

I dont know about Sprint, sorry.
    Thanks a lot, this is great news for me.
    02-23-11 01:32 PM
    I like the 97xx Form factor soo much more then the 9000, oh well I guess ill test that when it comes out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-11 03:26 PM
    Man I sure do hope Sprint gets this phone. It's gonna be the new king of all BlackBerrys.

02-25-11 11:46 PM
    im digging the carbon fiber. it will go nicely with all the cf on my car
    02-26-11 01:01 AM
    You have a torch......
    HA! good one
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    02-26-11 01:06 AM
    T-Mobile is getting this first, Verizon is getting this last, both by summer, however T-Mobile is getting this sometime in late march. Verizon will get this is June. The BB reps have already been going to the T-Mobile Stores.
    Ok, again, no sales reps from any of the major carriers OR RIM reps have no idea when these devices become availible until 30 days (at most) to one week prior. The RIM roadmap for CDMA shows July-August at the earliest (pretty sure GSM roadmap will be similar) My guess is that we'll find the exact release dates for both GSM and CDMA BlackBerrys during BlackBerry World in May. There is no real information that any of these devices will be released before Q2.

02-26-11 12:34 PM
    why is there such wasted space underneath the keyboard? They should tighten up the build to make it look more modern and not 8 years old
    For ergonomics perhaps? Think it through kid.
    02-26-11 07:40 PM
    For ergonomics perhaps? Think it through kid.
    Ergonomics? Come on. None of the other blackberries have that much room at the bottom of the keyboard and they are perfectly fine to type on.
    02-26-11 07:44 PM
    Ergonomics? Come on. None of the other blackberries have that much room at the bottom of the keyboard and they are perfectly fine to type on.

meh. if that's a dealbreaker for you, up to you.

other bb's may be fine to type on, but the 9000 design was the best. period.
    02-26-11 07:49 PM
    Perhaps the antenna is located at the bottom of the Dakota/Montana? No matter,it's a beautiful device and still not as big as some of the 4.3" Androids.

02-26-11 09:52 PM
    can't wait for this device!
    02-27-11 09:17 AM
    that bottom makes the device look really outdated.....the 9700 bottom is where its at in the comparison picture......ive never even held a BB9000, so maybe its to add some weight or something...whatever the reason is, it looks like doo-doo
    It looks fine to me. Move along if you don't like it?
    02-27-11 12:00 PM
    It really isn't that drastic of a change, I don't see why you would call it a doo-doo. And you just admitted that you never held the original model....
    Besides, this is RIMs flagship device, all styles, pearls, and storms aside. This is what people will compare their current phone to when they have an iphone or android.

And this is also the next phone RIM will set out to out do, they have outdone the 9000 in some parts with the 9700. I really liked what they did with the top buttons, the SD card slot, 3G radio stack and the volume rocker. As well as the latch on the back.

however the overall size, keys, feel, speakers. I feel it was hit and miss, but more hit than miss.

But they totally ****ted on the 9700 with this new bold. No reason to go back. Even though I don't have the new model in my hand, it appears they kept everything we loved about the 9000, and improved any flaws it had. Not to mention, adding a touch screen to make the phone even more user friendly. Things such as joining calls, taking notes, browsing, and searching seem improved automatically.

Not to mention OS 6.1 and increased memory, speed, and functions. Whats not to like? As long as you like a BB?
    03-01-11 05:01 AM
    Not a big fan of the back cover but otherwise looks good. I hope i can operate this device without having to use the touch screen. I have an iPhone 4 now and miss the clickity clack of my 9700
    03-03-11 11:50 AM
    FWIW - I was on the phone with Verizon - re-activating one of my family's handsets and asked if anything new was coming from RIM - I was told that VERY soon there would be a new BOLD. She seemed on the level - again - this is just what I was told.
    03-03-11 08:13 PM
    Can't wait for this device. I do agree the chin doesn't look the greatest...wish they used that space for more screen.

Hope the speakers are as great as the 9000, I listen to podcasts a LOT on my 9780 using the speakers.
    03-03-11 10:24 PM
    I really don't understand people. I remember when people wanted the 9000 look and feel of the device. Now that you have it everyone is looking for a reason to bash on it. I don't like the back or it has too much room below the keyboard, it's ugly etc. IMO, this device is sexy as ****. I'm so glad this leak came when it did. I've been with Blackberry since 06 and I was going to jump ship to Android. I'm glad I didn't. I'm so pumped .

03-04-11 02:09 AM
    I really don't understand people. I remember when people wanted the 9000 look and feel of the device. Now that you have it everyone is looking for a reason to bash on it. I don't like the back or it has too much room below the keyboard, it's ugly etc. IMO, this device is sexy as ****. I'm so glad this leak came when it did. I've been with Blackberry since 06 and I was going to jump ship to Android. I'm glad I didn't. I'm so pumped .

agreed. its a great looking phone and needs to be seen in person to really appreciate. i had my 9700 for a while, and everytime i saw someone sportin the ol' 9000 i was a bit envious and nostalgic. 9700, 9300, 8520, they all look the same from a distance.. the 9000 is a truly different beast. before i got the torch recently i was really tempted to 'downgrade' to the 9000 until the dakota came out.
    03-04-11 06:23 AM
    For me the Montana is RIM's last chance to keep me from going to an Android device.

03-04-11 09:15 AM
    For me the Montana is RIM's last chance to keep me from going to an Android device.

^^ what he said.
    03-04-11 12:22 PM

For me, the Montana might be what brings me back.
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    03-04-11 01:08 PM
150 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD