Ever since the Tour leaked (waay back when), I remember I vigorously followed everything that was released about it until I finally bought one. Unfortunately, I had to switch carriers & decided to switch from my BB taste. Currently I own an iPhone 4 & somewhat regret choosing it now. Now, I've been following the 9900's progress like crazy- waiting for it to be released so I can finally switch back to BB.
    Are there any other users out there switching from an iPhone 4 to this new beauty?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 10:42 AM
    Oh I have been stalking it as well, I just need to know the damn release date!

I will be upgrading my curve 8530 (I know old!) to this one and I will be picking up a playbook as well since Telus in Canada has a deal that if you buy a playbook you get $100 of your smartphone purchase!
    Can`t wait!
    06-28-11 10:45 AM
    Join the stalking club I'm thinking of making a BBM Group for all the stalkers to join lol

JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    06-28-11 10:54 AM
    I have a Storm2. Then I grabbed an iPhone 4 when they came out. Used it for 8 months and gave it to my wife. Then I grabbed the Motorola Atrix 4G which I'm currently using. I'm waiting for the 9860 to come out so I can switch back.
    The iPhone and Android phones are good. There are lots of useless apps available for them, but the few apps I use are available for BlackBerry.
    There is just something about the iPhone and Android that make them good for a short period of time... but in the long run... you can't beat the BlackBerry! So just release them already so I can get the damn phone I really want!!!!
    06-28-11 11:07 AM
    So just release them already so I can get the damn phone I really want!!!!
    This seems to be a very common feeling.......
    06-28-11 11:12 AM
    I agree! I felt that the iPhone would truly be better than the BB in everyway, but Blakberry has a sort of simplicity to it. The iPhone and other comparable Android phones seem to do everything BUT the phone part. I realized that re majority of my apps included social networking and just basic email, phone and SMS. Can't wait for this device to be released already! Like everybody else on crackberry, I'm very impatient. Haha.

06-28-11 11:40 AM
    I've been checking it out and am pretty sure I'll replace my tour with another bb, not sure if it will be the bold touch or the full touch for the larger screen. I would probably try the torch 2 but don't think uscell will be getting that one. Larger screen plus keyboad sounds great to me all though I'm not sure about sliders either. What's a person to do. My eyes find it so hard anymore to read on the small screen and scrolling right, left, right, left isn't very nice either.
    06-28-11 12:05 PM
    I've been checking it out and am pretty sure I'll replace my tour with another bb, not sure if it will be the bold touch or the full touch for the larger screen. I would probably try the torch 2 but don't think uscell will be getting that one. Larger screen plus keyboad sounds great to me all though I'm not sure about sliders either. What's a person to do. My eyes find it so hard anymore to read on the small screen and scrolling right, left, right, left isn't very nice either.
    I'm in that boat, I've had a Tour for almost 2 years now. (Same Tour...same PIN) I'm definitely going to be getting a new BlackBerry. Especially since this Tour, replaced my old 8830WE.

I'm dedicated. And I'm waiting impatiently for the 9930. Then my Tour wll get a Proper Retirement.

06-28-11 12:35 PM
    I just sold my ip4 for the evo 3d to hold me over til "august". But yea, iPhones are way to active for me now. Me being from the old school and all.

Btw, it's really jacked up when you are considered old school Cause your first bb was the 7230 just 8freakin years ago lol.

But yea, I like a need simplicity in my devices also. I text heavy and email. Talk some Facebook mess while on the clock and that's about it. An app for everything is just something I don't need.
    Last edited by JUSTQUAN2; 06-28-11 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Correction
    06-28-11 12:39 PM
    I've had my Curve 8330 for OVER 2yrs now (got it at Best Buy in'09 when it was $49.00) and have had 2 Sprint premier upgrades available since, and passed on IMO not upgraded enough to sign a 2yr contract BlackBerry Tour, Bold 9650, Style 9670 and Curve 9330...but HOPEFULLY? RIM won't dissipoint me with the Bold 9930, my contract is ended w/Sprint, but still wanna stay with them, so hopefully I'll be happy come August (maybe? Mid-July) lol

06-28-11 01:19 PM
    I got a Torch on a 2 year contract a few months ago. It should be up for renewal about the time the 9900 is out
    06-28-11 08:06 PM
    I got a Torch on a 2 year contract a few months ago. It should be up for renewal about the time the 9900 is out
    Wow that's a short contract.
    06-28-11 08:39 PM
    Wow that's a short contract.
    hilarious.

Yah waiting isn't the funniest thing (especially waiting for the 991 to come out), but you better get used to it with rim.
    Last edited by Pearl9100; 06-28-11 at 11:56 PM.
    06-28-11 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD