Hi everyone, I know you are all sick of hearing about this battery already, but I want to know if the battery life I am getting is normal based on my usage. I use Twitter, BBM, and Browser. Today I used 30 min in BBM Music, 17 min in messages, 13 min in BBM, 11 min in Twitter (set to refresh every 30 min), and 5 min on the Browser.
    The phone is set on Home Only, and 1XEV, and the wifi is off.
    I started using this phone Saturday night, so it is still very new. The OS is 7.0.0.241.
    According to Meterberry, my battery was full at 8:30 am. At 12 pm it is at 45%, with an average discharge rate of 15%. Is this normal?
    11-08-11 11:11 AM
    My friend just got a new 9900 and was shocked at the battery life, but I've found after a few months of having the phone I get nearly 2 days out of a charge when I need to, otherwise I charge it every night regardless.
    For just over 3 hours off charge and like... a little over an hour using apps that does seem a little low IMO. Give it time and if you dont see improvement check out this thread http://crackberry.com/ten-tips-and-t...y-battery-life
    11-08-11 11:17 AM
    Hi everyone, I know you are all sick of hearing about this battery already, but I want to know if the battery life I am getting is normal based on my usage. I use Twitter, BBM, and Browser. Today I used 30 min in BBM Music, 17 min in messages, 13 min in BBM, 11 min in Twitter (set to refresh every 30 min), and 5 min on the Browser.

I started using this phone Saturday night, so it is still very new. The OS is 7.0.0.241.

According to Meterberry, my battery was full at 8:30 am. At 12 pm it is at 45%, with an average discharge rate of 15%. Is this normal?

No way that's normal.

Is your GPS on?

Do you have a bad app?

Do we need twitter to refresh at all since we have push on our phone?
    Not a twitter user just a guess.

My battery would be down to 90% with that kind of usage by 11:00am and I pull mine off the charger at 5:30am.

Via Blackberry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-08-11 11:21 AM
    Twitter unfortunately is not push. It refreshes every so often and pulls new tweets, mentions etc. I have mine set to 15 minutes and don't find it sucks battery at all.
    11-08-11 11:28 AM
    I already read the 10 tips and I do all of that. GPS and Location are off. Anyone have any other suggestions? Battery is now 36% and I barely used it (did a battery pull). Average discharge is at 15%. That isn't right, is it?
    How do I check if I have a battery-draining app?
    I have:
    Advanced Calls and LED Control
    Amazon MP3 Music Store
    Battery Booster Pro
    BBM Music
    BB Mobile Conferencing
    Call Box
    Flashlight
    Flixster
    MeterBerry
    Pandora
    Screen Grabber Free
    Shazam Encore
    Slacker
    SystemInfo
    TD Bank
    Toss It!
    Twitter
    Vlingo
    WeatherBug
    11-08-11 12:03 PM
    I already read the 10 tips and I do all of that. GPS and Location are off. Anyone have any other suggestions? Battery is now 36% and I barely used it (did a battery pull). Average discharge is at 15%. That isn't right, is it?

How do I check if I have a battery-draining app?

I have:

Advanced Calls and LED Control

Amazon MP3 Music Store

Battery Booster Pro

BBM Music

BB Mobile Conferencing

Call Box

Flashlight

Flixster

MeterBerry

Pandora

Screen Grabber Free

Shazam Encore

Slacker

SystemInfo

TD Bank

Toss It!

Twitter

Vlingo

WeatherBug

I've heard of battery booster apps actually causing battery drain issues.

Delete all apps and install one at a time and monitor with meter berry find the bad app.
    11-08-11 12:22 PM
    How will Meterberry show me which app is the culprit?
    11-08-11 12:27 PM
    My 9700 showed full batt. at 9:00 AM, it's 1:30 PM now and it's still showing full.
    11-08-11 12:29 PM
    How will Meterberry show me which app is the culprit?

Won't it tell you the discharge rate?

11-08-11 12:35 PM
    My 9700 showed full batt. at 9:00 AM, it's 1:30 PM now and it's still showing full.

Wrong forum?

11-08-11 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD