I downloaded Verizon's 7.1OS from their site. When trying to install the OS on my PC, I get this error...

"Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable."

I am not able to install the OS and update my phone.
    I am running winXP.

Anyone run into this or know of any way to fix this error??
    01-18-12 01:11 PM
    Anyone have any idea??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-12 05:08 PM
    After you downloaded the OS did you install on your computer? Do you have any other OS for your phone installed on your computer?
    01-19-12 05:54 PM
    I get that error trying to install it on my computer. I have no other OS installed... Already deleted the previous OS that I had installed.

So I downloaded from the Verizon site.. "Run" it... Then gives me "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file exists and is writable"

It doesn't allow me to install the OS on my computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-12 06:09 PM
    Are you running the .exe installer as administrator?
    01-19-12 06:42 PM
    Yes I am.
    I've never had an issue or errors installing previous Os's.... until this one.
    01-19-12 07:01 PM
    I tried it on Windows 7, did not worked through Loader but directly installed really smoothly. Wish I could help.
    01-19-12 07:06 PM
    Have you tried installing the Sprint version? http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sprint-679282/

You just need to delete the vendor .xml file(s), since Sprint is not your carrier.
    01-19-12 07:51 PM
    I would delete the file that you downloaded, run CCleaner and make sure there is no weird registry file messing things up, reboot, Re download and try again
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-19-12 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD