Hi there guys,

Just a few questions. So firstly my sim card contract is with T-mobile UK. I bought a Bold 9900 off eBay and it is unlocked - vendor ID 603. I am currently using a Mac with the latest blackberry software.

I was just wondering - for Mac - how do we get the latest update of 7.1? I've read that we have to wait till the version comes out for the carrier but in my case - would the software know that my carrier is T-mobile UK and that I have to wait till T-mobile UK updates this (and if this is the case, how would the software actually know its out and download it automatically?) or would my carrier be whatever carrier is attached to 603? Assuming my phone is unlocked - this would mean 603 is unbranded and then where do I get my update from?

I'd rather do everything via Mac and not bootcomp or Windows (since I'd like to know how the Mac runs first)..

However, could someone just give me a brief walkthrough on how to do this via Windows? I saw somewhere about deleting vendor.xml or something like that but couldnt find a full walkthrough.

Finally, thanks for reading this and hoping to get help!

Cheers
    04-16-12 06:49 PM
    You have a factory unlocked/unbranded device, so you will NEVER get a carrier OS update.

You will have to download and install an OS of your choice, manually.

If you insist on using a Mac without parallels/bootcamp/virtual Windows etc. then you cannot update your OS... simple as.

Borrow a friend's PC.
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 04-16-12 at 07:01 PM.
    04-16-12 06:58 PM
    ah right, so no chance?
    04-17-12 07:38 PM
    So how do I do this via windows guys? Do I have to download the desktop software?

And what about the vendor file which needs deleting. remembering reading about that somewhere but cant find it now. Help pls
    04-18-12 01:10 PM
    04-18-12 01:19 PM
    thanks!
    04-18-12 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD