Having a bit of a weird thing happening. First of all, I have the official vzw 7.1 loaded on my phone, but this happened before I updated to 7.1 also.

When I use the trackpad and take my thumb off of it and the cursor moves to the left by itself. I'm not even hovering over the trackpad but it will still move. This happened before 7.1 also but it didn't bother me too much. However, it is slowly getting to me. Anyone else have this happen?

any help would be appreciated.
    03-13-12 12:09 PM
    Have you tried wiping your settings? Make sure to back them up first with DM.
    You could try an OS reload too, but that's usually a last step (or a first step if you take it to a VZW store lol).
    03-13-12 12:53 PM
    I had the same thing happen to my 9930. I returned it to the store for a new replacement. Which by the way is perfect!
    03-13-12 01:05 PM
    ah. I think i'm too late to return it. I've had this phone since october or november of last year.

and when I loaded 7.1, I clean wiped everything. So I'm thinking it's just my trackpad that's doing it.
    03-13-12 06:06 PM
    I have a similar thing happening every now and then. Doesn't happen after I use it though... Only in dark places. The trackpad seems to register my thumb movements when the hover across the pad when I am not touching it. It scrolls to the right.

This happened on .374, .163, and .267. But it is far and few in between. I notice if I keep the front clean, smudge free, it doesn't happen that often.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    03-13-12 06:41 PM
    Happens to me hourly, and I'm looking to replace my trackpad if I can
    03-13-12 07:12 PM
    Happens to me hourly, and I'm looking to replace my trackpad if I can

Have you tried playing with your trackpad sensitivity settings in options?

03-13-12 07:42 PM
    Have you tried playing with your trackpad sensitivity settings in options?

I have numerous times to no avail
    03-13-12 08:46 PM
    yea, i have tried messing around with the trackpad settings also, didn't do anything.
    03-13-12 10:20 PM
    yeah mine scrolls up from time to time but it gets really annoying!! ): how do i fix this... on .205
    03-13-12 10:43 PM
    I love my blackberry but honestly its always sumtin with these phones. Now I see why I lost all my bbm friends. I noticed the moving cursor also but I'm already on my 4th 9930 and I'm tired of switching phones. I'm afraid that my august upgrade may NOT be a blackberry product.
    03-13-12 11:34 PM
    NOTICE how every new OS uncovers a new problem.
    03-13-12 11:37 PM
    NOTICE how every new OS uncovers a new problem.

This isn't a new problem with a new OS. This happens on 7.0.0.374, 7.1.0.163, and 7.1.0.267.

03-13-12 11:52 PM
    This isn't a new problem with a new OS. This happens on 7.0.0.374, 7.1.0.163, and 7.1.0.267.

Damnn. I haven't noticed it. Today it started happening to me. Hopefully these issues get fixed cause without us loyal customers RIM is going downhill
    03-14-12 12:04 AM
    This happens to me when am out, it scroll down it self, mostly when it is windy..any reason for that?

I don't think its to do with its software, as it happened on 7.0 and the new 7.1.267 (or whatever its called)
    03-14-12 04:22 AM
    I guess some are having similar issues as me. I thought I was the only one. It seems as if the problems happens under certain conditions. I don't think it's a software issue either. Mine was this way on both 7.0 and 7.1.
    03-14-12 10:14 AM
    Damnn. I haven't noticed it. Today it started happening to me. Hopefully these issues get fixed cause without us loyal customers RIM is going downhill
    It is really hit or miss with me.... some nights it is bad. It only happens maybe once a week. I highly doubt it is a software issue. But you never know. I really can't remember to well, but it may have not happened on .163. If it did, it was so minimal, I didn't bother me.
    03-14-12 10:40 AM
    I can confirm that's a hardware issues
    My previous black 9900 trackpad sometimes move by itself, I normally noticed it when using the browser, I thougt it was software issues, because it only happened once in a while, then I sold my black one and get the white 9900
    1st week it was okay, no problem at all, then suddenly the trackpad sometimes like to move by itself again, and this time it also didn't respond to my touch (sometimes)
    If I push the trackpad , it will work normally again, but aftersometime it become crazy again
    I got fed up and buy a new trackpad oline, installed it, and its been very good since.
    Just for info, both of my phones trackpad behave weirdly when under very strong sun light.
    Really, the build quality of this phone is really really bad !!!
    03-14-12 04:55 PM
    I can confirm that's a hardware issues
    My previous black 9900 trackpad sometimes move by itself, I normally noticed it when using the browser, I thougt it was software issues, because it only happened once in a while, then I sold my black one and get the white 9900
    1st week it was okay, no problem at all, then suddenly the trackpad sometimes like to move by itself again, and this time it also didn't respond to my touch (sometimes)
    If I push the trackpad , it will work normally again, but aftersometime it become crazy again
    I got fed up and buy a new trackpad oline, installed it, and its been very good since.
    Just for info, both of my phones trackpad behave weirdly when under very strong sun light.
    Really, the build quality of this phone is really really bad !!!
    it happens to me to in the browser. Maybe like twice when I was just at the homescreen. If you take apart the phone and install a new trackpad, does it avoid the warranty?
    03-14-12 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD