Hi everybody,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I spent about 10 minutes searching through old threads on this issue and I couldn't find one that was appropriate for OS7 or for BlackBerry 99xx series.

Basically, I just noticed yesterday that my messages are slowly getting deleted. Normally, I wouldn't care, but there are a few conversations that I need and within these conversations, I only have about a month's worth of messaging history.

In the earlier OS's, I know there was an option for "keep messages forever", but I don't see that in the OS7. Is there another setting that I need to get into? I know you can "save message", but that's really annoying to do, especially when I literally send hundreds of SMS in a day.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    02-02-12 11:21 AM

Open the Messages application, bring the menu, select OPTIONS then pick "Message Display and Actions" ... look at the bottom of that screen
    mssca and m12k1177 like this.
    02-02-12 11:56 AM
    oh my freakin' goodness. can't believe i didn't discover this before.

wow, thank you so much for your help, Briad!
    02-02-12 12:03 PM
    oh my freakin' goodness. can't believe i didn't discover this before.
    I was surprised too to not find this menu under the 'main' options menu .. it think it should be there ...

You are welcome
    02-02-12 12:50 PM

Open the Messages application, bring the menu, select OPTIONS then pick "Message Display and Actions" ... look at the bottom of that screen
    Thank you so much. You've saved my day.
    03-11-12 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD