I recently cracked my screen on my blackberry 9930. I noticed after reading some threads that i only cracked the screen, not the LCD. I was going to just make a claim, as i have insurance on it, but the deductible went up from $50 to $100! i think i'd rather get it fixed. does anyone know where i can get the right part or anyone who can fix it for me, i live in the san fernando valley. i reallyy need to get this fixed! thanks ahead of time!
    05-06-12 01:12 PM
    I'm sure there are lots of sources, but you will violate your warranty fixing it yourself. Something to think about.
    05-06-12 02:18 PM
    I'm sure there are lots of sources, but you will violate your warranty fixing it yourself. Something to think about.
    He already violated the warranty by dropping it
    05-06-12 02:29 PM
    He already violated the warranty by dropping it
    Dang it! I knew I needed to nap.

There are many suppliers.Nothing personal, but......
    Kind concerned about someone attempting this, when they can't find the part.

9900 replacement lcd lens - Google Search

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRwnDHIykEU[/YT]

05-06-12 05:24 PM
    Fixing it is not too difficult, but if you have insurance you're better off using the insurance. The fix will cost you close to that amount with parts and shipping, but if you mess up and tear a cable or short a motherboard than your phone is dead

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-06-12 08:03 PM
    What you broke is the digitizer. Its the layer of glass that detects your touch. They are available as a part separate from the LCD. I found one local to me from a dealer for $60. If you are reasonably handy and have the right torx screwdrivers its not too difficult to fix. You do need to heat the old screen a bit to soften the adhesive between the digitizer and the LCD. If you do it, don't forget to take the little metal screen for the earpiece from the old digitizer as the new one won't have it.
    05-06-12 08:15 PM
    I am in the middle of trying to repair my digitizer. I am on two digitizers from a seller on ebay and I am dealing with a blank screen after I install everything again.

Stand by!
    05-07-12 03:16 AM
    Cracked screens do not void warranties, if you get it repaired at an authorized repair location covered under the terms and conditions of the warranty. Don't just take it to a random guy down the street repairing phones in his garage.

Physical damage is just not something that is covered under the warranty - you'll have to pay for the repair.

JB
    05-07-12 08:54 AM
    You do need to heat the old screen a bit to soften the adhesive between the digitizer and the LCD.
    What colour is the adhesive holding the digitizer in? I have a bunch of fine dust on my screen and it looks more like something man made rather than just dust or lint.
    05-07-12 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD