Hi - I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I upgraded by bold 9700 yesterday to the 9900 and it was working fine. However, today I did a battery pull and now it won't switch back on.. keeps on loading and then a white screen and then loads again! Does anyone know anything I can do or am I going to have to change it? Many thanks!
    08-21-11 01:22 PM
    Take the battery out again and leave it out for at least 15 mins. Do you have the 9900 firmware installed to your computer yet? If not, download it from your provider and install it to your computer. Once you do, post back here.
    08-21-11 01:37 PM
    Thanks - sorry to sound ignorant but do you know where I can get the firmware (the official website?)
    08-21-11 01:41 PM
    Thanks - sorry to sound ignorant but do you know where I can get the firmware (the official website?)
    Who is your service provider?
    08-21-11 01:42 PM
    O2 UK - I think I've found the link from their website though - installing now!
    08-21-11 01:44 PM
    O2 UK - I think I've found the link from their website though - installing now!
    Go to this site, select the 9900 and then select the "Download" tab towards the bottom.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B73B97E1AAA491
    08-21-11 01:46 PM
    Thanks, the download seems to be taking quite a while but I will install it once it has downloaded
    08-21-11 02:00 PM
    Thanks, the download seems to be taking quite a while but I will install it once it has downloaded
    Ok I want you to put the battery back in the device once you get the firmware installed to your computer. If it's still in a reboot cycle then you must try the following. Plug in the device to your computer via USB cable Go to Start>Computer>C drive>ProgramFiles*86>CommonFiles>ResearchInMotion >Apploader and double click on the Loader.exe file right when the device is finishing booting up. Making sure you double click on the Loader.exe file the moment it's done booting up and the split second before the screen turn white.

This may or may not work. If it doesn't, we'll do something else.
    08-21-11 02:10 PM
    Thanks - I'm not having any luck - when I load the ap loader it says it is not responding and its still on the loop of restarting :S
    08-21-11 02:59 PM
    Google: BBSAK (BlackBerr Swiss Army Knife) version 1.9. Download and install it to your computer, plug in the device & use the "Wipe" function. This should wipe the device and allow you to reinstall the firmware.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lechatnoir19 likes this.
    08-21-11 03:03 PM
    Should I try and wipe as its rebooting? When I plug it into the comp it disconnects each time it reboots
    08-21-11 03:06 PM
    Should I try and wipe as its rebooting? When I plug it into the comp it disconnects each time it reboots
    Yes, you want to try either while the device is rebooting or a split second after it's done rebooting.
    08-21-11 03:08 PM
    thanks.. its refusing to recognise the device is attached to the computer though. I guess I will see if I can get an exchange ....
    08-21-11 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD