As far as I can tell I'm following all directions properly. Downloaded .503, deleted vendor file, click AppLoader file, it goes through the prompts, then it says it was successful, but my phone is still on the original .250.

The upgrade happens very fast, so obviously I'm doing something wrong?
    11-21-11 03:32 PM
    As far as I can tell I'm following all directions properly. Downloaded .503, deleted vendor file, click AppLoader file, it goes through the prompts, then it says it was successful, but my phone is still on the original .250.

The upgrade happens very fast, so obviously I'm doing something wrong?
    I just updated to .540 last night from stock TMO OS - .250.

This is what I did.

1. downloaded and installed .540
    2. deleted vendor.xml file
    3. opened BBDS
    4. connected BB 9900
    5. BBDS discovered that there is a new OS and asked if I would like to update.
    6. hit update, and BBDS backed up my device, data and apps, installed the new OS, and restored all the data....

Hope this works for you.
    11-21-11 03:43 PM
    There is second Vendor.xml sometimes
    search your HD for it.
    I forget its directory, but I think its in C:\Documents and Settings\"user"\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

at least on XP it is.
    11-21-11 03:50 PM
    Its probably because you have not deleted the second vendor file. Go to your drive C and search for the vendor. Its usually 2, so delete both. Then install your OS again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 04:00 PM
    I couldn't find a second vendor file, but I downloaded the latest version of DM and that worked.
    11-21-11 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD