I charged up and turned on my 9930 and cant get any of the keys to work. The touch screen works, but the keyboard is completely dead including the power button. Ive tried the lock/unlock button and have done several hard resets, no dice. Does anyone have any ideas of whats up with this brand new device? I'm going to bring it to Verizon but thought I would check in case anyone here had any ideas. Thanks!
    08-18-11 12:01 PM
    Take it back to the store. A malfuction like that is obviously unacceptable.
    08-18-11 12:09 PM
    oh no. I agree w/ Jackberry. That's one malfunction that is unacceptable. return it immediately.
    08-18-11 12:16 PM
    Take it back to the store. A malfuction like that is obviously unacceptable.
    Thanks, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious
    08-18-11 12:17 PM
    I charged up and turned on my 9930 and cant get any of the keys to work. The touch screen works, but the keyboard is completely dead including the power button. Ive tried the lock/unlock button and have done several hard resets, no dice. Does anyone have any ideas of whats up with this brand new device? I'm going to bring it to Verizon but thought I would check in case anyone here had any ideas. Thanks!
    Try a battery pull
    08-18-11 12:31 PM
    keyboard might not be connected :-p
    There is typically little connector that the keyboard board connects to the motherboard or the keyboard board might have not been properly manuf.
    08-18-11 01:00 PM
    keyboard might not be connected :-p
    There is typically little connector that the keyboard board connects to the motherboard or the keyboard board might have not been properly manuf.
    Unfortunately I believe this is the problem. I've pulled the battery multiple times and the keys don't even light up.
    08-18-11 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD