Hello, well yesterday i put my phone on charge and went to bed.
    Today I took it off charge and pressed the on button.
    It began to reboot the phone with the loading bar and the blackberry logo.
    But it turned off straight away.
    And a red led flashing light appears and go's each time it tries to reboot.
    I bought this phone of ebay at the beginning on January it came with all the accesories fully boxed, used for like a day, an unwanted upgrade through vodafone. My phone is the Blackberry Bold White 9900. Do you think ill be able to get it repaired through vodafone. Has anybody in the UK had the same problem and how did they go about it please?
    Need help
    01-29-12 07:44 AM
    01-29-12 07:56 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you, bought a 9900 off ebay on vodafone, no reciept but came with everything, it bricked a few days later, seller wouldn't reply, took it to vodafone, they won't fix it without a reciept. The only thing you can do is sell it for spares, that's what I have done :/

EDIT= That Reloading an OS on a Nuked or Bricked Blackberry does not work, if it did, it wouldn't be bricked.
    Last edited by nellisere; 01-29-12 at 09:34 AM.
    01-29-12 09:30 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you, bought a 9900 off ebay on vodafone, no reciept but came with everything, it bricked a few days later, seller wouldn't reply, took it to vodafone, they won't fix it without a reciept. The only thing you can do is sell it for spares, that's what I have done :/

EDIT= That Reloading an OS on a Nuked or Bricked Blackberry does not work, if it did, it wouldn't be bricked.
    It should work for the OP as what they describe is being stuck in a reboot loop, mine was stuck so bad it didn't even get to the loading bar before switching off and starting again and the solution worked for me, I'm typing this reply on that very device. I would suggest to the OP to try reloading the OS, they've nothing to lose anyway.
    Hgouck likes this.
    01-29-12 07:16 PM
    I just had the reboot loop too, and it is fixable!
    01-29-12 09:28 PM
    If you follow the instructions the debrick method does work most of the time. If you are still having problems just post your question and there are plenty of people on Crackberry that know what their doing and willing to help. You can also try and do a search for what topic you need assistance with because chances are someone else has had the same problem and have found the answer
    01-29-12 09:50 PM
    More often - a bricked phone cannot be pulled back from the dead, if it's truly bricked.

If a battery pull yields the same flashing LED...there's little chance of recovery (worth a shot, but still very small odds). I speak from experience, not from posts read.

Before you post this type of information - you should actually research more and maybe try to recover on yourself. Telling others it can be revived when that's clearly NOT THE CASE, is just wrong

There are no instructions here to "debrick" a bricked phone. If a phone is bricked, it's NOT recoverable. That's why it's referred to as a "BRICK".

Here's what is commonly defined as a bricked device --

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_(electronics)
    01-29-12 11:17 PM
    I recently fixed a Reboot loop for a friend's cellphone by using BBSAK.

Got it to connect while the bar was progressing - and then hit WIPE DEVICE.
    Reloaded the OS and it has been running fine.

Steps I followed:

- Make sure you have a BlackBerry OS available on the computer (Vendor file deleted).
    - Remove Battery from the device.
    - Start BBSAK.
    - Connect the device (USB Cable), insert Battery (enter password if applicable).
    - Once connected - Click on Wipe Device.
    - Once Wipe is confirmed - Click on Load OS or launch App Loader.
    01-29-12 11:24 PM
    i tried everything as well.but i tried desktop manager 1 more time and suddenly showed option to upgrade software and i did and it worked .my device is working great again.
    01-30-12 03:25 AM
    yes , u r 9900 r officially f u c k e d
    01-30-12 01:48 PM
    I have never had a BB phone that could not be recovered unless there was water or physical damage. If it is an OS problem it can be fixed. Just because you are having a hard time getting it to work does not mean someone else can't. There are three or four programs available for free that can help. BBSAK is a good one to start with.
    01-30-12 04:44 PM
    I hate when people talk through their a s s

You've obviously NEVER bricked a BlackBerry.

If you had, you wouldn't write what you did above. I guess our Forum leader Kevin has no clue how to fix a bricked BB either, since he's bricked a few with no luck reviving them.

So now, if I plug in the device and BBSAK - which uses all RIM API's, doesn't connect to the device, and loader.exe doesn't either...what tools are you now recommending?

Tell you what...why not put your money where your mouth is? I have a bricked 9800...I'll send it to you for $50.00. If you fix it, and you want the $ back, I'll be happy to buy it back for $100.00, or you can keep it as a spare. If you can't fix it...you keep it. Ready to play?
    Last edited by FBA; 01-30-12 at 06:52 PM.
    01-30-12 06:50 PM
    so ahh, how much do you want for your 9900 of a paperweight?
    01-30-12 07:31 PM
    I hate when people talk through their a s s

You've obviously NEVER bricked a BlackBerry.

If you had, you wouldn't write what you did above. I guess our Forum leader Kevin has no clue how to fix a bricked BB either, since he's bricked a few with no luck reviving them.

So now, if I plug in the device and BBSAK - which uses all RIM API's, doesn't connect to the device, and loader.exe doesn't either...what tools are you now recommending?

Tell you what...why not put your money where your mouth is? I have a bricked 9800...I'll send it to you for $50.00. If you fix it, and you want the $ back, I'll be happy to buy it back for $100.00, or you can keep it as a spare. If you can't fix it...you keep it. Ready to play?
    Wow man why are you getting so hyper Go easy, you can say whatever you want to in polite way. Just saying
    Hgouck likes this.
    01-30-12 08:53 PM
    so ahh, how much do you want for your 9900 of a paperweight?
    You can't read? I said 9800, not 9900...already had a bricked 9900 replaced...
    01-30-12 09:20 PM
    You can't read? I said 9800, not 9900...already had a bricked 9900 replaced...
    Think maybe they were asking the OP with the bricked 9900....
    01-31-12 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD