Hello guys! No one seems to understand what the heck is happening, but I come here in hopes that someone gets me and bring me some help!

I got the 9900 on the 24th. That first day, the phone nuked (I believe that's how it's called -- The phone made a self reboot and stood rebooting for hours, and again, and again...) I don't know how I did it but I made it to upgrade the phone to 7.0.0.576 from the v7.0.0.440 that it shipped with. Since then, the Bold has made no self restarts, or permanent rebooting cycle (#Win!) BUT (#Fail!) the issue began after this.

The phone, everyday, goes somewhat "unresponsive" and makes no calls, won't receive them either, no send or receive text messages/BBM and no DATA connection (Facebook app, Twitter app, browser...) and no send/receive emails. I put "unresponsive" in quote marks because everything else works, navigation through Home panels, tabs, keyboard menu, back, Send, Hang-up and blah blah else. Every single time the phone does this, (which is actually daily, and even multiple times a day) it has 4G speed, the BB logo, and several signal bars on top.

How I make it work again? I simply uncheck and re-check the box beside "Mobile Network" in the Manage Connections menu.

I went to the AT&T store and everything they did was exchange my SIM card for a new one, but it did not fix the problem/issue/bug... I don't know what to do, because I tried to install another version of the OS in case the .576 was defective but couldn't do it, and even tried to downgrade to .440, but couldn't do it either.

I'm thinking of changing the device for a new 9900 but the representative told me that all they could do is give me a refurbished 9900 for my NEW 9900 after paying $35... And that doesn't sound good at all...

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    12-30-11 10:14 PM
    try these simple things:

1. go to host routing tables, hit menu, and select "register now"

2. resend service books (works wonders)

3. hold down "alt" and press lglg, when log appears, hit menu and choose "clear log"

now do a battery pull and see what happens. im no expert, but these work for me when my phone goes haywire, and my phone was doing the same yours is once and this fixed it.
    kemj likes this.
    12-30-11 10:44 PM
    try these simple things:

1. go to host routing tables, hit menu, and select "register now"

2. resend service books (works wonders)

3. hold down "alt" and press lglg, when log appears, hit menu and choose "clear log"

now do a battery pull and see what happens. im no expert, but these work for me when my phone goes haywire, and my phone was doing the same yours is once and this fixed it.
    Well, thank you, mr. The phone is now rebooting. I'll post back if the issue continues. Thank You.
    12-31-11 09:42 AM
    Unfortunately, the phone did the same thing. :/
    12-31-11 10:08 AM
    Perhaps no one here is experiencing the same thing as I am but this is getting me extremely mad! I returned the first 9900 to AT&T and they gave me a new one, and BOTH do the same thing!!!! I'm starting to think that perhaps there's a bug in the 7.0.0.576 version but no one else seems to be experiencing this.

I thought of changing the version of the OS but I only got two available: .440 & .576, and the .440 is screwed because of the restarts...

AT&T's fault?
    RIM's fault?
    My fault?
    Zeus fault?

PLEASEEE!
    01-02-12 01:44 PM
    Tbh I have no idea. I've haven't had any problems with my bold 9900 from att, but if you can't make any calls or anything maybe your in a bad coverage area?
    01-02-12 03:08 PM
    No, in my house I got 5 (full) bars of coverage.
    01-02-12 05:08 PM
    kemj

I have had the same problems.

AT&T Changed the SIM card the first time. That didn't work. They then gave me a new phone and that hasn't worked.

I've notice it does it randomly and also noticed many times it does it when moving from one type of service/product or another. i.e. disconnecting from a blue tooth signal, or wifi signal. Disconnecting from a charger.

It happens at least once a day, but can happen up to three times in a day. Battery pull always resolves it.

Going to give AT&T another call.
    01-02-12 05:50 PM
    kemj

I have had the same problems.

AT&T Changed the SIM card the first time. That didn't work. They then gave me a new phone and that hasn't worked.

I've notice it does it randomly and also noticed many times it does it when moving from one type of service/product or another. i.e. disconnecting from a blue tooth signal, or wifi signal. Disconnecting from a charger.

It happens at least once a day, but can happen up to three times in a day. Battery pull always resolves it.

Going to give AT&T another call.
    Yes! I mean, I'm not crazy! Please let me know what they say and how to resolve it if you figure it out! BTW, I temporarily fix it by unchecking and checking again the box of Mobile Network in Manage Connections! Dont need to restart the phone!
    01-02-12 07:53 PM
    cool. Will let you know. My plan is to take an hour Monday afternoon to try again. Yeah another call to tech support.
    01-02-12 08:42 PM
    Hello guys! No one seems to understand what the heck is happening, but I come here in hopes that someone gets me and bring me some help!

I got the 9900 on the 24th. That first day, the phone nuked (I believe that's how it's called -- The phone made a self reboot and stood rebooting for hours, and again, and again...) I don't know how I did it but I made it to upgrade the phone to 7.0.0.576 from the v7.0.0.440 that it shipped with. Since then, the Bold has made no self restarts, or permanent rebooting cycle (#Win!) BUT (#Fail!) the issue began after this.

The phone, everyday, goes somewhat "unresponsive" and makes no calls, won't receive them either, no send or receive text messages/BBM and no DATA connection (Facebook app, Twitter app, browser...) and no send/receive emails. I put "unresponsive" in quote marks because everything else works, navigation through Home panels, tabs, keyboard menu, back, Send, Hang-up and blah blah else. Every single time the phone does this, (which is actually daily, and even multiple times a day) it has 4G speed, the BB logo, and several signal bars on top.

How I make it work again? I simply uncheck and re-check the box beside "Mobile Network" in the Manage Connections menu.

I went to the AT&T store and everything they did was exchange my SIM card for a new one, but it did not fix the problem/issue/bug... I don't know what to do, because I tried to install another version of the OS in case the .576 was defective but couldn't do it, and even tried to downgrade to .440, but couldn't do it either.

I'm thinking of changing the device for a new 9900 but the representative told me that all they could do is give me a refurbished 9900 for my NEW 9900 after paying $35... And that doesn't sound good at all...

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    i've had a similar experience with my carrier here too. but not as bad as urs. in my case i'd have full bars 3g coverage but unable to make calls or receive calls. but everything else worked. what i did was go into network connections and change network mode to 2g and reboot. and i was able to make calls again. then i would switch back to 3g and calls would still be able to go though.
    01-02-12 08:49 PM
    Unfortunately, the phone did the same thing. :/
    wow i thought for sure that would do it. well call tech support from another line and refjse to get off the phone until they can fix it. tier 2 tech support should be able to tell yiu something!
    01-02-12 11:30 PM
    did you try resending the service books through att bis page?

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    01-03-12 12:09 AM
    I suggest staying on AT&T supported firmware levels. I know everyone on here will think I'm crazy though. Does this problem happen all over the place or just at certain locations? I have had signal problems in my house since I moved in over the summer. The house has old aluminum siding. I can get five bars one second and then nothing. I had to buy a signa booster, which has fixed all of our problems. I'd also do a wipe of the phone back to defaults.

Joe
    01-03-12 06:40 AM
    No luck yet... The coverage in my area is excellent.
    01-04-12 11:04 AM
    Do you have any 3rd party apps installed?
    If so, have they been installed on all the phones that have had the problem?
    01-04-12 11:12 AM
    Do you have any 3rd party apps installed?
    If so, have they been installed on all the phones that have had the problem?
    The apps I have installed are these:
    e-office Flashlight
    BlackBerry Bridge via OTA
    BBM Music
    Shazam Encore
    Pandora
    Screen Grabber
    Picture Editor Ultimate
    BlackBerry News
    Wikitude
    Facebook
    Twitter
    01-04-12 11:38 AM
    Trey removing the flashlight app.

I remember reading somewhere it might cause issues.
    01-04-12 12:27 PM
    Trey removing the flashlight app.

I remember reading somewhere it might cause issues.
    Really? :/ I had it on the 9800, and eventhough people were complaining about the speed of that phone I really had no issues at all with my Torchy.
    01-05-12 12:15 AM
    KIND OF SUCKS..
    BUT HOW DO YOU INSTALL THE OS ON IT?

manually or using desktop manager? let me know so i can help you out.
    01-05-12 12:34 AM
    KIND OF SUCKS..
    BUT HOW DO YOU INSTALL THE OS ON IT?

manually or using desktop manager? let me know so i can help you out.
    Hey, well I installed first the .575 using the desktop manager but I decided to install the .590 believing that it was a software bug, but turned out in no difference... I called technical support on at&t but they have no clue, because none gives me a solution...
    01-05-12 01:16 PM
    Hey, well I installed first the .575 using the desktop manager but I decided to install the .590 believing that it was a software bug, but turned out in no difference... I called technical support on at&t but they have no clue, because none gives me a solution...
    so i think you might need to install it manually. try to download the lates os 7.1 leaked that just came out. that way you can have your hot-spot option too.
    01-05-12 11:53 PM
    so i think you might need to install it manually. try to download the lates os 7.1 leaked that just came out. that way you can have your hot-spot option too.
    I installed the 7.1 leak for the bold. Its working flawlessly. However, the phone does the same thing, so its irrelevant the OS version it is running. #sigh
    01-06-12 01:20 PM
    I installed the 7.1 leak for the bold. Its working flawlessly. However, the phone does the same thing, so its irrelevant the OS version it is running. #sigh
    damn that sucks.. then i might a hardware issue. and thats your 2nd bold?.
    01-07-12 01:15 AM
    well..last resort is to get a new unit.

refurb is better then a non working phone.
    01-07-12 01:27 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD