ok guys I' new here, anyway I just bought this phone and i noticed a weird problem, well I can't really say it a problem because i never tried it in other phones yet, so anyway, if i placed my thumb and gently pressed it around the LED+call speaker area, i can hear a clicking noise, this doesnt apply to the left top corner of the phone though. Can anyone give me a solution to this problem, like do i get a defect phone or its just normal. Also possible fix if it is indeed an issue, thank you everyone
    09-15-11 03:04 PM
    I can't replicate the issue on my Sprint 9930 - it definitely doesn't sound normal.
    09-15-11 03:20 PM
    bump, i need some more feedback from you guys
    09-15-11 05:16 PM
    It isnt normal...get a new one simple as that.
    09-15-11 05:19 PM
    Mine used to do it. It doesn't anymore. It didn't really bother me. Contributing factors to the clicking noise is most likely a combo of temperature, humidity and mating part's tolerances. This is coming from a product designer. I wouldn't worry about it. If yours is like mine you probably only hear a noise and not see or feel the screen actually depress and pop back out.
    Raikozy likes this.
    09-15-11 07:45 PM
    Mine used to do it. It doesn't anymore. It didn't really bother me. Contributing factors to the clicking noise is most likely a combo of temperature, humidity and mating part's tolerances. This is coming from a product designer. I wouldn't worry about it. If yours is like mine you probably only hear a noise and not see or feel the screen actually depress and pop back out.
    Sometime the sound gone away randomly and came out again, So you think its not really a big deal then? Yeah i can only hear it when i press it but i can't honestly see the screen depress in, because it probably only went in a tiny micro meter. So again, do you think its not a big hassle? and Can you tell me what did you do so the sound goes away? Honestly if its just a small thing i wouldn't bother sending it back, to much hassle (i bought it from the online virgin store and i have to do a lot of things just to replace it with a new phone
    09-15-11 08:57 PM
    mine happens at the trackpad
    I use a little oil ( olive) and let it seep through the keyboard a little .
    09-15-11 09:09 PM
    Mine happened at the track pad and near the speaker a few weeks after i got the phone. Lasted for a few days then just disappeared. I didnt do anything to fix it it just fixed its self. give it a few days
    Last edited by ummie4; 09-16-11 at 01:19 AM.
    09-16-11 01:14 AM
    I'll just give it a one more push to this thread, just if anyone has more or less the same issue
    09-16-11 05:31 PM
    Heck I will help, this is funny!
    09-16-11 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD