Hi I have a bold 9930 on verizon but it keeps showing JVM ERROR 545 , I had this phone for four days and idk what to do I reseted the phone took the battery out but the message still appears I'm currently on my brothers iphone and have no warranty on the phone and I have no access to a computer all day please help me!! I'm have os 7.O.O.374 the problem happened after I opened the racing game blackberry was giving out for free
    04-08-12 08:18 AM
    Hi I have a bold 9930 on verizon but it keeps showing JVM ERROR 545 , I had this phone for four days and idk what to do I reseted the phone took the battery out but the message still appears I'm currently on my brothers iphone and have no warranty on the phone and I have no access to a computer all day please help me!! I'm have os 7.O.O.374 the problem happened after I opened the racing game blackberry was giving out for free
    Did you delete the game before you did a battery pull ?
    04-08-12 08:28 AM
    No I did not delete the app
    04-08-12 08:29 AM
    No I did not delete the app
    I would try deleting the app and rebooting. If that doesn't work then it is possible that the OS has been corrupted and you will need to reload or upgrade.
    04-08-12 08:32 AM
    The phone won't even go past the JVM ERROR so I can not delete it
    04-08-12 08:33 AM
    The phone won't even go past the JVM ERROR so I can not delete it
    In that case until you have access to a PC I think that you are snookered.
    04-08-12 08:38 AM
    What should I do when I get home
    04-08-12 08:44 AM
    I had a JVM error on my first Bold 9900. Mine too wouldn't go past that. I read JVM errors are java / app based.

I reloaded my OS with bb desktop manager (PC / Laptop) and it worked as normal again.
    04-08-12 09:06 AM
    Ok ill probally have to fix it tomorrow, I just came from an iphone 4 so I'm freakin out cus idk wut this problem is.
    04-08-12 09:32 AM
    Once you have reloaded the OS delete the app that caused you the problem.

Most problems people report end up being either app related or user error so don't lose faith in the phone, it is a good one.
    04-08-12 09:37 AM
    Don't know if "safe mode" still works on the new bb's. But do a soft reboot, press and hold alt-right shift-del then press and hold the "back key" (swoosh). This should bootup into safe mode and you can delete any supected apps. Best of luck with your issues. When you get the opprotunity update to 7.1 if you are still running 7.0.
    04-08-12 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD