Help! i keep getting sos or no network bars on my new 9900. What do i do ? its really annoying as i keep switch on and off my connection. Omg now i just tried it and within few seconds it became sos.. pfff

I removed the battery and restarted, i get network for a few seconds and then goes sos
    Last edited by Xamanus; 09-15-11 at 01:01 PM.
    09-15-11 12:58 PM
    I got that when i went from niagara falls US to niagara falls Canada...found it lacked the rigidity when roaming. Wish I had an answer for you, but thought I'd share the experience....you're not alone.
    09-15-11 01:01 PM
    Who is your carrier? If it's Bell Mobility, you may have accidentally switched the phone's 'Mobile Network Mode' to 2G and then all you will get is SOS. That is what happens with my Torch if I switch it to 2G.
    09-15-11 01:08 PM
    Who is your carrier? If it's Bell Mobility, you may have accidentally switched the phone's 'Mobile Network Mode' to 2G and then all you will get is SOS. That is what happens with my Torch if I switch it to 2G.
    Thanks problem solved.
    09-15-11 01:45 PM
    i have the same problem on mine.. it's set to 2G and 3G and i still get the SOS very often.

i'm reloading a different OS before considering getting the device replaced :S
    09-15-11 08:30 PM
    Having the same issue with my 9900. I am with Telus. I travel to the States on a very regular basis with my work. Not happy when my new BB did not work right. I called support and they said to switch to 2G and pull the battery. I did...no good. Now you are saying switch to 3G and try that. OK, I will give that a go and let you know how it goes.
    11-05-11 11:18 PM
    Don't use the option 2G or 3G. Just click 3G and your pretty much good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-11 11:29 PM
    I get the same thing no matter what setting 2G, 3G, 2G/3G on the rogers network. Mine does come back on its own after a few min. Just sent the phone back to RIM for a replacement so waiting to see what comes of it. Back to the 9800 for now. Was very annoying with dropped calls and missed calls.
    11-29-11 06:30 PM
    There was a SIM card read error on Telus said they will fix it soon and has to do with their network more than the phone itself. Since last two months, I have not seen that error pop out with SOS even once. It looks like Telus fixed their their issue what ever it is that cause it.
    11-29-11 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD