I cracked my screen on my bold 9900 and bought a replacement online of the 002/111 variety.

I replacement screen does not appear to have any connections for the earpiece that the original full screen has

Are you supposed to be able to take the earpiece connection off the old broken one and put it on the new one?

All of the replacement screens pictures online do not seem to picture the earpiece connector.

I fitted the screen but obviously I cannot hear any calls that I make or receive.

I am very confused as I cannot find on any forums any information regarding changing the earpiece.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    11-21-11 01:29 PM
    what does the screen have to do with the earpiece? the 002/111 is the LCD assembly and connects to the motherboard with a ribbon cable - independent of anything to do with the 'earpiece'.

got any pics?
    11-21-11 02:21 PM
    It's not just the lcd screen it's the full set with the digitizer. I don't have any pics.

I'm not that up on phones and technical terms but when i opened the phone, the original full screen piece has a small box like connector where u would listen to calls and there isn't one on the replacement one I have bought and I cannot hear calls through it when the new screen is connected up.
    11-21-11 04:44 PM
    It slid off the arm of my sofa bed and hit off the metal leg

It appeared as if it was easy enough to replace by purchasing a replacement screen/digitizer set but I'm now having this problem.
    11-21-11 04:55 PM
    11-21-11 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD