Phone got wet while I was charging it the other night. It worked but I was having problems with the track pad for about a day. That problem went away, but when I plugged it in to charge this morning it showed the plug symbol like the battery was charged and it wasn't charging. Now the battery is completely dead, and will not turn on or charge. Does this sound like the battery has crapped out or the phone? I'm hoping I just need a new battery. Is there anything I can do to jump start this thing? Thanks.
    07-20-13 01:24 PM
    First check the connections on the battery and where the battery sits in the phone. If those are ok it could be another connection at the usb port. Try plugging it into a computer and see if the computer recognizes the device. If it doesn't you could try opening up the phone and seeing if there is more damage on the inside. Unfortunately, phones and water don't go together very well and the device might be toast.
    FF22 and sean000 like this.
    07-20-13 02:09 PM
    Also, you can use a cotton swab and a small amount rubbing alcohol to clean the connections.
    sean000 likes this.
    07-20-13 02:11 PM
    I went to my carrier store and got them to put in a battery and my phone seemed to work fine. But it was 50$ and I knew I could find one a lot cheaper so I left without one. I then saw your post and tried to plug the phone into my computer and sure enough my computer doesn't recognize it. Does that mean the battery and the phone are busted? Thanks
    07-20-13 05:18 PM
    Not necessarily. If the phone worked when they put a new battery in at the store it still might be ok. You can get a replacement battery fairly cheap. So if it doesn't charge the new battery then you know it's got some damage inside the phone.
    sean000 likes this.
    07-20-13 05:29 PM
    First check the connections on the battery and where the battery sits in the phone. If those are ok it could be another connection at the usb port. Try plugging it into a computer and see if the computer recognizes the device. If it doesn't you could try opening up the phone and seeing if there is more damage on the inside. Unfortunately, phones and water don't go together very well and the device might be toast.
    How do you open up the phone?
    07-20-13 08:38 PM
    How do you open up the phone?
    I'm not really sure with the 9900. But if you do a search on youtube I hear there's some on there.
    07-20-13 09:26 PM
    2 months short of 2 years my 9900 just suddenly stopped - overnight - I took it back to future shop where I'd bought it, asked them to check it out. They couldn't get it to start up either! It was so strange, Sunday night all was fine, Monday morning it was dead. Up shot of this was I had been paying insurance which was good until Sept of this year and so it was covered! I now have a Q10, I paid a total of $56 for differences in device cost. Still surprised that my phone died like that overnight.
    07-20-13 09:41 PM
    It was time for it to go nite nite for good. Just like we don't live forever and we just fall over and then dig a hole and thats it. RIP, lol
    07-20-13 09:51 PM
    Lol, yes I guess it was its time but just 2 yrs? I have a 9700 and an 8330 still ticking away and they are much older. ( I charge them up every month or so) just such a surprise to me. Ah well as you said RIP
    07-20-13 10:10 PM