Hi guys,

I own the BlackBerry 9900 (NextG) and BlackBerry 9860 (NextG) and I'm trying to update the OS for both of these phone to 7.1.*** to enable Mobile Hotspot.
    I'm currently using my phone supplied by my employer(Telstra) that is an iPhone 4S 32GB... and the only reason for this at the moment is simply because it has HOTSPOT!! I don't have internet(ADSL) at the moment and I have been provided with a free 12GB datapack a month for free, again, by my employer.

NOW...
    I've downloaded both of the OS's, deleted the vendor.xml files and now BBDM can successfully recognise there is an update and prompts me to install it. I click okay... time goes by it's all backed up and is on its way to updating my device(doesn't matter which one, same result). It gets to uploading RAM image.. but it can't get past that for some unknown reason (my blackberry doesn't turn on while this is going... it turns off and attempts to restart. I assume it needs to restart(or simply turn back on to some affect) for it to be able to upload that RAM image... but it doesn't). What can I do? I've tried googling, crackberry, youtube guides, forum guides... EVERYTHING but I have not found anyone having my problem... ironically theirs are worse yet can be fixed.. but I am lost!?

This is using bootcamp on a Mac just so you know if that matters... as I don't think I can do it on a Mac because the os 7.1.*** download is an .exe file.

Thanks and look forward to ANY help or anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Last edited by Quattroporte; 02-04-12 at 09:47 PM.
    02-04-12 02:37 AM
    First of all, you're titling the thread as help, there are tons with help, but with different issues. Second, you'll wanna try using loader.exe within bootcamp. It should work better, as DM doesn't always work right. You could also try it on a pc if somebody has one that'll allow you to attempt to reload the OS. If all else fails, a warranty exchange will have to be done.

These threads may help: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ocedure-53359/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    02-04-12 03:33 AM
    Sorry for the title, I wasn't really thinking about that at the time..

As stated I'm doing this on WIN7 on a Macbook Pro... I didn't bother attempt to do this with the Mac part because they are .exe files and obviously OS X cannot open .exe files

I have tried using the loader.exe as many times as I have with BBDM. Hence why I'm here.

Thanks for the link but I read through and I have performed all those steps... many, many times.
    02-04-12 09:50 PM
    Sorry for the title, I wasn't really thinking about that at the time..

As stated I'm doing this on WIN7 on a Macbook Pro... I didn't bother attempt to do this with the Mac part because they are .exe files and obviously OS X cannot open .exe files

I have tried using the loader.exe as many times as I have with BBDM. Hence why I'm here.

Thanks for the link but I read through and I have performed all those steps... many, many times.
    Have you tried it on windows XP yet? I had quite the number of successes on that one. Heck, win7 won't even detect my blackberry, only XP will.
    02-04-12 09:56 PM
    Hmmm... not a bad idea. But it's just the fact that I have been able to do this in the past with the 9900 as there was an official update for it and the Mac was able to do it fine. I also remember doing it on my 9700 and 9800... just so frustrating.
    I will try this when my partner is home, as she is the only person I know with WinXP

Thanks for your tip
    02-04-12 10:00 PM
    have you tried a fresh clean install?
    Backup your phone
    Install the upgraded OS on Windows
    Remove the vendor file
    Then Open command prompt, from it browse to the blackberry apploader folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader)
    Once there, type the following command in the command prompt: loader.exe /nojvm
    02-06-12 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD