Hi Guys,

Can you help me in figuring out if my fon is broken on the area of the screen which is encircled on the attached photo.
    Most of the the time if click a button, link or move my finger upward from that spot it either doesnt respond or I have to press it a little harder than usual.

Thanks in advance!

Kindly see attachment please.
    01-24-12 01:20 PM
    Do you have a screen protector on your phone? If you do that might be causing you the problem.

Try playing around with the touch sensitivity settings.

Last but not least try a device wipe/reset.
    01-24-12 01:29 PM
    That's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

In the very first OS versions for the 9900, that particular area of the screen was hyper-sensitive and you were virtually unable to scroll in the browser using the trackpad without inadvertently opening links everywhere. In later OS versions, RIM made that area less sensitive to overcome that problem.
    01-24-12 01:30 PM
    I actually just played around with my touchscreen to see if I had the same issue, and sometimes it does seem to be a little less sensitive in that area right above the trackpad. I'm leaving mine alone.
    01-24-12 01:36 PM
    That's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

In the very first OS versions for the 9900, that particular area of the screen was hyper-sensitive and you were virtually unable to scroll in the browser using the trackpad without inadvertently opening links everywhere. In later OS versions, RIM made that area less sensitive to overcome that problem.
    That makes perfect sense. Thanks for posting that info.
    01-24-12 01:38 PM
    Appreciate all the feedback guys.
    01-24-12 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD