hello i would just like to know what memory leak is and also what this new mobile hotspot does, thanks
    11-26-11 07:19 AM
    mobile hotspot is like turning your phone into a wifi router, with an ssid that is broadcast in order to allow for multiple devices to share your phones data connection simultaneously, similar to a landline router for your home computers, just like wifi

a memory leak is a problem that typically causes your device to lose some data over time, like if you do not have an sd card and then fill your phone up with data, after awhile, like a cup overflowing with too much water, your device starts "leaking" data
    Last edited by buckwylder; 11-26-11 at 07:33 AM.
    I-G-M likes this.
    11-26-11 07:31 AM
    thank you very much
    11-26-11 07:40 AM
    mobile hotspot is like turning your phone into a wifi router, with an ssid that is broadcast in order to allow for multiple devices to share your phones data connection simultaneously, similar to a landline router for your home computers, just like wifi

a memory leak is a problem that typically causes your device to lose some data over time, like if you do not have an sd card and then fill your phone up with data, after awhile, like a cup overflowing with too much water, your device starts "leaking" data
    WiFi hotspot is on the money; memory leak, not quite. Memory leak is when an app - or sometimes the OS itself - uses device memory and does not return all if it when it is through with it. Ideally, an app will release all memory it uses when it terminates, but some apps are messy and do not. If you have enough of these apps, or even one particularly bad one, eventually all your system memory gets used up, resulting in the device running horribly slow or freezing completely. A reboot always cleans up leaked memory, until the bad apps start eating it up again.
    11-26-11 07:48 AM
    hello thank you , how do you know your memory leak?
    11-26-11 08:17 AM
    lol....No

Memory leak is when an app - or sometimes the OS itself - uses device memory and does not return all if it when it is through with it. Ideally, an app will release all memory it uses when it terminates, but some apps are messy and do not. If you have enough of these apps, or even one particularly bad one, eventually all your system memory gets used up, resulting in the device running horribly slow or freezing completely. A reboot always cleans up leaked memory, until the bad apps start eating it up again.
    Yes

hello thank you , how do you know your memory leak?
    Watch your free app memory in Storage
    11-26-11 08:38 AM
    WiFi hotspot is on the money; memory leak, not quite. Memory leak is when an app - or sometimes the OS itself - uses device memory and does not return all if it when it is through with it. Ideally, an app will release all memory it uses when it terminates, but some apps are messy and do not. If you have enough of these apps, or even one particularly bad one, eventually all your system memory gets used up, resulting in the device running horribly slow or freezing completely. A reboot always cleans up leaked memory, until the bad apps start eating it up again.

Yup the native browser does this. The memory is never returned when the app is closed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-26-11 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD