I have now had to reload software twice on this phone. Latest error was 602. I dont know why. Today did prompted me to up grade os after it finally connected to the device on the desktop software. First time it did not. I love this device. However; reloading software is time consuming and also lose information since te last back up. Any clue why? Also, password keeper is missing. I am on verizon running now on 7.0.0.254. I'm wondering if mine is corrupt or have a bad one. Perhaps I should demand a replacement at Verizon? Really I do not want to switch devices.

I'm not a new user. Had 8830, 9630, 9650, and now 9930.
    Last edited by Blondie_leves; 09-08-11 at 05:38 PM. Reason: adding
    09-08-11 05:36 PM
    Okay, will look into that. Why does this one keep crashing? Where is the password protector located? Can't find it either. My browser keeps unexpectedly closing as well.
    09-08-11 05:43 PM
    Use BBSAK

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Blondie_leves likes this.
    09-08-11 05:49 PM
    Use BBSAK

Thanks. I'll try it!
    09-08-11 05:51 PM
    Can anyone else offer why this could happen?
    09-08-11 05:52 PM
    Get the device replaced by calling VZW. It should not being giving you these errors, especially on a new device.

Last edited by chrisy520; 09-08-11 at 06:46 PM.
    09-08-11 05:58 PM
    You both make valid points. Chrisy's advice isn't bogus; it's based on her experience with earlier OS problems. Clearly it isn't the first option for most users, but it is an option. My issue is that users shouldn't have to refer to apps like BBSAK or upgrade OSs or post in forums just to get the basic functionality of a new phone to work right. That's like buying a new car that you have to work on constantly. You'd take it back. If more people did that with their phones, then maybe RIM and the carriers would pay more attention to quality control and basic functionality in what they release.
    09-08-11 06:43 PM
    Thanks you all! I was able to find password keeper and reload it from the desktop. All my passwords are now gone. Eek. I called verizon and they are sending a replacement phone. It isn't worth the time and hassle to keep messing around. I sure hope the next one is new. Sucks to get a replacent phone less than one month later. I really did try! The phone is superb. Something is just messed up with this one.
    09-10-11 02:31 PM
    I'm sure your new device will be better! I've had good experiences with replacement devices.

Let us know how it goes!

09-10-11 05:07 PM
    I'm sure your new device will be better! I've had good experiences with replacement devices.

Let us know how it goes!

I sure hope so it failed again. Now wont sync at all with desktop now to even load software again. Which means no blackberry until Fed Ex comes with the replacement for me.
    09-10-11 10:12 PM
    Replacement phone did it too!
    10-06-11 09:36 PM
    What were you doing to he phone when the error occurred? This is generally why I don't suggest being an early adopter of any phone.
    10-07-11 05:03 AM
    I'd strongly suggest you turn the web off before connecting the phone to DM.

Are there any apps/themes that transferred on from your previous model?
    10-07-11 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD