Well i guess every member on CB wouldve given u 1 dollar each for a perfect review
    You wouldnt have to worry about ur job for some time then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Seijuro; 04-02-11 at 10:16 AM.
    04-02-11 10:12 AM
    This is funny. I wish you would of made your story less realistic, something like you were amazed by their phone and took them our to the bar and they left it there then you sold the prototype and the police tried to basically kill you to get back
    04-02-11 11:16 AM
    Is there a textured finish on the back?

04-03-11 04:14 AM
    I can confirm that often RIM employees do have these new devices prior to the launch and use them around town. However, they are extremely protective as to who gets to look at them and they certainly do not let others touch them. I witnessed the Bold 9700, Curve 8350i, Torch and Style prior to release but I never got to hold or even look over the users shoulder. So, this guy may have indeed seen a new device but I kinda doubt he got to hold it.

I see guys with this phone down at columbia lake health club and the starbucks at king and university. I remember when the first onyx came out I saw someone with one at the williams in university plaza...

04-03-11 09:15 AM
    Is there a textured finish on the back?
    the back was smooth.
    04-03-11 09:32 AM
    Why are you guys honestly asking him questions? This is a lame AFD joke and It might just last the rest of the month.

This reminds me of the time I was a kid and everyone wanted to know about the new video game system. Someone would say, my uncle works for nintendo ask me anything about the game, and would then go on to answer vaguely about a product using answers you either already know about or can easily find.

How is the back? THE BACK WAS SMOOTH (when has a BB ever had an unsmooth back, and whats the definition of smooth? Also, there is no final product out yet, these are preproduction models so even if a smooth plastic or back was out it doesn't mean its final. If the guy says something like, the back was similar to the Verizon Bold/Storm back, with a strong latch and metal back thats something you can sink your teeth into, lets look for more waning BS

How did it feel, how were its speakers? IT LOOKED GREAT AND IT WAS A REFINED VERSION OF ITS PREDECESSORS! (Way to go, you answered an actual question with more vague responses. Doesn't everything, especially phones look like a refined version of its predecessors? Cars keep the same aesthetics and get curvier and faster over time, so do phones. Not to mention, that would actually be a legit question but he skipped it because this joker doesn't know!

The Bold has two version of speakers (9700) depending upon if its a CDMA (on the right side with 7 holes or so) or GSM (on the back with one slot) so of course he wouldn't be able to answer something legit as this.

Not to mention, isn't this the type of thing Kevin would do? Actually give REAL information on a phone?

I DIDN'T TRY OUT THE INTERFACE BUT IT LOOKS LIKE MY FRIENDS TORCH!!

Thats because it basically is the same as your friends torch, 6.1 isn't 7.0, its 6.1. Which is a minor step above the 6.0 on the torch (is the torch running)

And he has 17 posts, which half of them are from this topic....so so sad, the next person to ask this guy a question loses my respect
    04-03-11 10:12 AM
    big bird calls BS...or in this case April fools
    Maybe, but there are more Touch units in the wild that you ever would imagine.

They are very nice units!
    04-03-11 02:46 PM
    love the haterade waterfalling from this thread from something I thought I'd share.

meanwhile, there are stickies around this site encouraging people to post whatever new information they can find.

[rant]
    You may think you're calling me out on an attempt at attention whoring, but people like crackcookie who are backseat admins trying to filter out the 'truth' from 'fake' info make it pointless for people to contribute new info. this is not to mention his inability to read the fact that 1. I had less than a minute with the device, 2. I tend to focus on my work... you know... since I was at work and 3. I'm a noob to CB.

I'm just a fan of blackberrys like everyone else on this site, yet people begin to froth at the mouth when the expectation of nothing but a full review of an unreleased phone isn't met.

Admins: All I wanted to do was share an experience by answering questions as best as I could. If you want to do something to clean up this hostile environment, go ahead and swing the banstick at people like crackcookie who feel they need to interrogate posters based on horse**** statistics like post count.

/rant
    04-03-11 10:34 PM
    Wouldn't say that it's necessarily false. There were people on here who bought 9780s MONTHS and MONTHS before the actual release date, heck even annunciation date.
    Some with the very Torch-y .121 undericon-text theme. Towards the end anyone could buy them on some rather shady websites links posted here. It's not a playbook, I'm sure RIM has thousands already out and about for testing.
    04-03-11 11:32 PM
    IF that is truly the case....then why didn't you start off like that, instead of saying ask me anything! When you are unable to? Should of just posted what you knew.

Ex. The new 2012 Dodge Charger has x y and z that changed from last year. Instead of saying, yeah the rear lights were very bright and the steering was smooth. If you don't have concrete facts (its prolly a preproduction model too) why did you come out here posing as santa
    04-03-11 11:45 PM
    Oh you were finished? Well, then allow me to retort......

Seriously, I agree with crackcookie - just clearly state everything about the device that you know. Though it has been so long now, you might not remember too much. I would be curious as to the weight of the device.
    04-04-11 02:31 AM
    love the haterade waterfalling from this thread from something I thought I'd share.

meanwhile, there are stickies around this site encouraging people to post whatever new information they can find.

[rant]
    You may think you're calling me out on an attempt at attention whoring, but people like crackcookie who are backseat admins trying to filter out the 'truth' from 'fake' info make it pointless for people to contribute new info. this is not to mention his inability to read the fact that 1. I had less than a minute with the device, 2. I tend to focus on my work... you know... since I was at work and 3. I'm a noob to CB.

I'm just a fan of blackberrys like everyone else on this site, yet people begin to froth at the mouth when the expectation of nothing but a full review of an unreleased phone isn't met.

Admins: All I wanted to do was share an experience by answering questions as best as I could. If you want to do something to clean up this hostile environment, go ahead and swing the banstick at people like crackcookie who feel they need to interrogate posters based on horse**** statistics like post count.

/rant
    SG8330, I agree with ya 100%
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    04-04-11 11:51 AM
    How is the back? THE BACK WAS SMOOTH (when has a BB ever had an unsmooth back, and whats the definition of smooth?
    Have you ever used the Torch? Not sure I would call the back of that "Smooth"..... Feel like an ***** yet?
    04-04-11 04:45 PM
    Why are you guys honestly asking him questions? This is a lame AFD joke and It might just last the rest of the month.

This reminds me of the time I was a kid and everyone wanted to know about the new video game system. Someone would say, my uncle works for nintendo ask me anything about the game, and would then go on to answer vaguely about a product using answers you either already know about or can easily find.

How is the back? THE BACK WAS SMOOTH (when has a BB ever had an unsmooth back, and whats the definition of smooth? Also, there is no final product out yet, these are preproduction models so even if a smooth plastic or back was out it doesn't mean its final. If the guy says something like, the back was similar to the Verizon Bold/Storm back, with a strong latch and metal back thats something you can sink your teeth into, lets look for more waning BS

How did it feel, how were its speakers? IT LOOKED GREAT AND IT WAS A REFINED VERSION OF ITS PREDECESSORS! (Way to go, you answered an actual question with more vague responses. Doesn't everything, especially phones look like a refined version of its predecessors? Cars keep the same aesthetics and get curvier and faster over time, so do phones. Not to mention, that would actually be a legit question but he skipped it because this joker doesn't know!

The Bold has two version of speakers (9700) depending upon if its a CDMA (on the right side with 7 holes or so) or GSM (on the back with one slot) so of course he wouldn't be able to answer something legit as this.

Not to mention, isn't this the type of thing Kevin would do? Actually give REAL information on a phone?

I DIDN'T TRY OUT THE INTERFACE BUT IT LOOKS LIKE MY FRIENDS TORCH!!

Thats because it basically is the same as your friends torch, 6.1 isn't 7.0, its 6.1. Which is a minor step above the 6.0 on the torch (is the torch running)

And he has 17 posts, which half of them are from this topic....so so sad, the next person to ask this guy a question loses my respect
    I've had a Pearl, Curve, Bold, Storm, and Torch over the past 4 years and I couldn't tell you a single thing about any of their speakers except that I think the Torch's are too quiet. Besides them being on the top of the phone (I think) I wouldn't be able to tell you what they look like. If i helf a Bold Touch for 10 minutes, I don't think I'd have looked at the speaker at all.

You sound like a ******. Next time just avoid a thread like this while others believe a story whether it's true or not.
    04-04-11 04:48 PM
    IF that is truly the case....then why didn't you start off like that, instead of saying ask me anything! When you are unable to? Should of just posted what you knew.

Ex. The new 2012 Dodge Charger has x y and z that changed from last year. Instead of saying, yeah the rear lights were very bright and the steering was smooth. If you don't have concrete facts (its prolly a preproduction model too) why did you come out here posing as santa
    When did I pose like anything? I wrote to ask me anything because I've never done a review of anything, and said that I'd answer as best as I could and tried to leave out the obvious details that are posted all over these forums already.

Seriously, we probably registered to this site within weeks of each other and read the site for months before that, so to think that you're somehow better than me because you have hundreds of posts (i can tell from your attitude what you and your type are all about) is ludicrous.

Oh you were finished? Well, then allow me to retort......

Seriously, I agree with crackcookie - just clearly state everything about the device that you know. Though it has been so long now, you might not remember too much. I would be curious as to the weight of the device.
    yeah well i didn't have a scale with me at the time so I couldn't tell you anything that was factual
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 04-05-11 at 06:51 PM. Reason: language
    04-04-11 05:15 PM
    yeah well i didn't have a scale with me at the time so I couldn't tell you anything that was factual
    I don't think he was asking for an actual weight, moreso an estimate (a little heavier, a lot heavier, etc) comparing to a device people would be familiar with, like the bold that is out now.
    04-04-11 05:45 PM
    I don't think he was asking for an actual weight, moreso an estimate (a little heavier, a lot heavier, etc) comparing to a device people would be familiar with, like the bold that is out now.
    No scale - probably not a drug dealer then. I'm just upset that no one got my Jules Winnfield reference. Bummer. This thread had promise. Now it's like a mis-matched sock that will die in the drawer.

04-04-11 06:42 PM
    When did I pose like anything? I wrote to ask me anything because I've never done a review of anything, and said that I'd answer as best as I could and tried to leave out the obvious details that are posted all over these forums already.

Seriously, we probably registered to this site within weeks of each other and read the site for months before that, so to think that you're somehow better than me because you have hundreds of posts (i can tell from your attitude what you and your type are all about) is ludicrous.

Well I for one learned something new today ... '' doesn't get censored!!! Now how about ''? Well look at that ... two things learned today.

Seriously, without trying to get in the middle of anything, I appreciate any bits of info from anybody who's been closer to any of these devices than I have, and right now that means anybody who's seen more than a picture on the web. People who are trying to blow smoke up my a$$ usually come up with far more colorful tales than this; so call me gullible if you must, but thanks for the tidbits.
    04-04-11 06:43 PM
    It probably didn't help that it was posted on April 1st...
    howarmat likes this.
    04-04-11 06:50 PM
    No scale - probably not a drug dealer then. I'm just upset that no one got my Jules Winnfield reference. Bummer. This thread had promise. Now it's like a mis-matched sock that will die in the drawer.

Never saw Pulp Fiction, but with quotes like that, I guess I have some catching up to do.

And there's no such thing as mis-matched socks, just lost souls and unfamiliar pairings.
    04-04-11 06:51 PM
    Is there any way that the "metal" could be aluminum? I am just happy as long as it isn't the cheap painted metal plastic that is on all of the phones right now (9650 for example)
    04-04-11 10:24 PM
    Is there any way that the "metal" could be aluminum? I am just happy as long as it isn't the cheap painted metal plastic that is on all of the phones right now (9650 for example)
    Most sources have said it has a stainless steel frame.
    04-05-11 06:22 AM
    Most sources have said it has a stainless steel frame.
    Well as long as it isn't this cheap painted plastic anymore.. I'm sick of its cheapness
    04-05-11 07:55 AM
    Well I have to side with the OP for this one. I once posted that I saw a guy with a Torch months before the release sitting outside a Tim Horton's in Waterloo. I did not snap a pic or hold it in my hands but I did get to see it upclose. But of course people came on and started flaming, lol. Get over it people, these devices are floating all around town if you live in the kitchener/waterloo area. I am pretty sure if some random person asked you to "see" the device you would want it back soon if it was yours, especially considering if the device is not even out yet.

04-05-11 10:25 AM
    Never saw Pulp Fiction, but with quotes like that, I guess I have some catching up to do.

And there's no such thing as mis-matched socks, just lost souls and unfamiliar pairings.
    I have nothing to add in this thread other than to express my disgust that you haven't seen a classic like Pulp Fiction.
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    04-05-11 02:44 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD