Before I start, I realize I'm a newbie so I just want to clarify that I work in Waterloo and we have some clients at RIM.

So we had a client come in today who's pretty high up at RIM. And in the short time that I spent with him, I asked if he knew anything about the upcoming devices. He replies "which one?" and I reply "the Bold Touch?" and he WHIPS IT OUT OF HIS POCKET.

Holy **** I've never been this giddy before, but from what I can take in from the time he handed it to me, the phone did not feel big. It looks identical to the leaked pictures but I gotta say the phone felt a lot different than it looked in the pic here.

I didn't have enough time to try out the touch interface but if you guys have any questions I'll answer them as best as I can.
    04-01-11 05:45 PM
    any questions well how was it and if this is an april fools joke
    04-01-11 05:50 PM
    how did it feel
    04-01-11 05:51 PM
    how did it feel
    it felt great to hold in the hand, the distance between my stretched out thumb and pinky is about 8.5" and surprisingly, the phone felt a little bit small. My friend has a 9000 and it feels very different - it's probably down to not having to wrap your fingers around the thick sides of the 9000.

the weight was balanced but i didn't try out the keys either , and the display looked crisp and bright (i would even say oled-ish)
    04-01-11 05:58 PM
    any sign ofba front facing cam?
    04-01-11 06:50 PM
    Did you get to test out OS 6.1 at all? Like was the phone laggy at all, or was it quick and solid?

And why didn't you take any pics of the device??
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 04-01-11 at 07:01 PM.
    04-01-11 06:58 PM
    did the led seem a little small or is it fine?
    04-01-11 07:00 PM
    no sign of a front facing cam, unfortunately
    04-01-11 08:00 PM
    did the led seem a little small or is it fine?
    i didn't actually notice it but there weren't any active notifications on the phone. i had it for less than a minute so there was no way i could find out.
    04-01-11 08:00 PM
    Did you get to test out OS 6.1 at all? Like was the phone laggy at all, or was it quick and solid?

And why didn't you take any pics of the device??
    I asked him and he said he'd get in trouble. I had less than a minute with the phone so i didn't test out the OS or the touch interface/hardware
    04-01-11 08:01 PM
    BS!!

How was the carbon fibre?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 11:53 PM
    Only when held up to a mirror. (Not included).

04-01-11 11:59 PM
    Before I start, I realize I'm a newbie so I just want to clarify that I work in Waterloo and we have some clients at RIM.

So we had a client come in today who's pretty high up at RIM. And in the short time that I spent with him, I asked if he knew anything about the upcoming devices. He replies "which one?" and I reply "the Bold Touch?" and he WHIPS IT OUT OF HIS POCKET.

Holy **** I've never been this giddy before, but from what I can take in from the time he handed it to me, the phone did not feel big. It looks identical to the leaked pictures but I gotta say the phone felt a lot different than it looked in the pic here.

I didn't have enough time to try out the touch interface but if you guys have any questions I'll answer them as best as I can.
    This is a case where you got your hands on what he had in his pocket, and you're giddy? Thread title is so wrong, but quite humorous.

04-02-11 12:02 AM
    I can confirm that often RIM employees do have these new devices prior to the launch and use them around town. However, they are extremely protective as to who gets to look at them and they certainly do not let others touch them. I witnessed the Bold 9700, Curve 8350i, Torch and Style prior to release but I never got to hold or even look over the users shoulder. So, this guy may have indeed seen a new device but I kinda doubt he got to hold it.

This is a case where you got your hands on what he had in his pocket, and you're giddy? Thread title is so wrong, but quite humorous.

04-02-11 12:13 AM
    Did the OS look like the new 6.1 images?

04-02-11 01:07 AM
    WHIPPED IT OUT!!!

How'd the "machined steel" frame feel? How about the speaker ports?

04-02-11 05:28 AM
    am i the only one who thinks the led might be a little small?
    look at those pics, hmn..
    04-02-11 05:34 AM
    Aren't there 2 RIM employees on Crackberry?

Nice one. You just ruined someones job.

04-02-11 07:44 AM
    I can confirm that often RIM employees do have these new devices prior to the launch and use them around town. However, they are extremely protective as to who gets to look at them and they certainly do not let others touch them. I witnessed the Bold 9700, Curve 8350i, Torch and Style prior to release but I never got to hold or even look over the users shoulder. So, this guy may have indeed seen a new device but I kinda doubt he got to hold it.

Somehow, I think you missed the point of my post, in this case, having nothing to do with regarding truthfulness, but amused by the phraseology and innuendo that may be implied. I know people that know RIM people, and the story isn't totally beyond the pale.

04-02-11 07:57 AM
    Come to think of it...
    Why didnt you run away with the phone and made a proper real long review with all details for it? Wouldve been awesome !

04-02-11 08:01 AM
    am i the only one who thinks the led might be a little small?
    look at those pics, hmn..
    Yes I agree - that is one of the things that make a true BB - the big honking LED.

04-02-11 09:57 AM
    Ye..really like my 9700 LED, size/shape

04-02-11 10:04 AM
    WHIPPED IT OUT!!!

How'd the "machined steel" frame feel? How about the speaker ports?

it looked great and wasn't as obnoxious as it was on the 9000. the overall appearance and feel of the phone was a refined version of its predecessor.
    04-02-11 10:05 AM
    Did the OS look like the new 6.1 images?

I didn't try out the interface but it looked pretty similar to my friend's 9780 OS 6.0
    04-02-11 10:06 AM
    Come to think of it...
    Why didnt you run away with the phone and made a proper real long review with all details for it? Wouldve been awesome !

because he came to my workplace and it's not exactly a part-time gig lol
    04-02-11 10:08 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD