I got a new bold 9900 after the screen on my other one broke and had to wait 10 days to get the new one after insurance messed the claim up. When i put the headphones in they don't work. The music plays out loud fine but there is no activate headset option. When i put the headphones in it flashes between the headset and the volume picture. I've tried 3 different headphones and they all don't work but they do on other phones. It's got the 7.1.0 bundle 2061. If I take it in to the shop where I got the phone from, would it be fixed for free as I'm not paying excess again for something that isn't my fault? It is still in the warrenty period. Thank you for any help.
    06-29-13 04:25 AM
    I got a new bold 9900 after the screen on my other one broke and had to wait 10 days to get the new one after insurance messed the claim up. When i put the headphones in they don't work. The music plays out loud fine but there is no activate headset option. When i put the headphones in it flashes between the headset and the volume picture. I've tried 3 different headphones and they all don't work but they do on other phones. It's got the 7.1.0 bundle 2061. If I take it in to the shop where I got the phone from, would it be fixed for free as I'm not paying excess again for something that isn't my fault? It is still in the warrenty period. Thank you for any help.
    Sounds like a bad headphone jack, and I'd contact them promptly for a replacement.
    06-29-13 07:03 AM
    My mum has the bold too and is offering to give me hers as she doesn't use her headphones but they are different networks. I don't think either phone is locked though. Would we be able to just swap the sims and everything be normal? Thanks for the help.
    06-29-13 07:33 AM