I know there's some threads asking about screen protectors, but I'm wondering if anyone here has actually scratched their screen yet?

Have you scratched your screen? If so, how? (keys in your pocket, laid face down on your desk, etc)

I ordered a few screen protectors along with some other stuff because I've always run them on my old bold 9700 and assumed they'd be necessary on my new Bold, but the 99xx seems pretty tough so far

I'm pretty careful with my stuff for the most part, so I'm just wondering the importance of screen protectors if I find the ones I ordered affect the touchscreen sensitivity in a bad way...

Here's the screen protectors I ordered: Blackberry Bold 9900 Screen Protector - UK MOBILE STORE
    08-23-11 12:21 AM
    There's no way I'd leave a brand new screen unprotected. Especially on this baby. I had my screen protector installed at the verizon store within about a half second after removing the manufacturers film. I guess I wouldn't know different anyway but the sensitivity seems normal to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    coolraghav likes this.
    08-23-11 12:36 AM
    The screen is glass, not plastic like the older non-touchscreen phones. It is way harder to scratch from what I have seen and read so far.

I did order a few screen protectors out of habit, but I'm not to worried about running them if I find they affect the touchscreen I'll just leave it bare.

I'd like to hear some first hand reviews on how tough the screen actually is
    08-23-11 12:42 AM
    I had a screen protector on my previous Torch and it did not affect the touch screen performance. It was a cheap 3$ USD screen protector too
    08-23-11 01:21 AM
    I have no scratches, and I don't use a screen protector. I just use the pocket pouch whenever I put it into my pocket. The fine grains of sand and quartz may scratch the glass over time.
    08-23-11 01:26 AM
    My friend dropped his 9900 on the road. Luckily for him it was in the leather pouch. But it still dropped on its side so there is now a little dent on the top left portion of the steel band.
    He was crushed. Lesson learnt: do not drink Bacardi and hold 9900 at the same time.
    08-23-11 01:30 AM
    My friend dropped his 9900 on the road. Luckily for him it was in the leather pouch. But it still dropped on its side so there is now a little dent on the top left portion of the steel band.
    He was crushed. Lesson learnt: do not drink Bacardi and hold 9900 at the same time.
    He must be Irish, dropped his phone but not his drink lol
    Arievil, joewoo, rcm1301 and 1 others like this.
    08-23-11 01:33 AM
    yesterday even i dropped it in my bathroom .. i was like </3
    08-23-11 01:33 AM
    yesterday even i dropped it in my bathroom .. i was like </3

Did you guys miss the title of the thread and my question

'drop' does NOT EQUAL 'scratch'
    08-23-11 01:38 AM
    I have no scratches, and I don't use a screen protector. I just use the pocket pouch whenever I put it into my pocket. The fine grains of sand and quartz may scratch the glass over time.
    The same here - no protector and the (lovely) OEM pouch. I did that with my Torch and had no scratches...
    08-23-11 01:52 AM
    I bought an otterbox commuter before the phone even arrived, and it comes with a screen protector. I did make a mess of fitting the screen protector though so I might take it off. I noticed after I was my hands my fingers cling to screen, I'm not sure if it's the protector or if it will be the same without one.

08-23-11 01:57 AM
    The battery cover is a lot easier to scratch then this screen. Like some have said, no more plastic screens, hardened glass! However if u carry it in your pocket with no case, yes over time u wil see some hairline scratches. But if u keep it in the OEM case, or another pouch or case, u should be fine. No I dont use screen protectors, on any of my phones! Naked Fo Sho...lol

08-23-11 02:24 AM
    I carry mine in my pocket, no case or pouch. I did order a case-mate barely there, but I've always run my BBs bare, so I might decide to sell it if I don't like it after a while. Either way, that offers zero protection for the screen
    08-23-11 02:29 AM
    I just retired my Storm after 2.5 years. I always carried it in my pocket with no protection. Not a scratch on the screen. I would only worry about the plastic and metal parts. I don't plan on using anything more than a pouch.

08-23-11 06:08 AM
    Hate screen protectors. Never scratched my plastic BB screens in the past, expect this glass one to hold up just fine
    08-23-11 06:19 AM
    I just use the holster no screen protection at all I pay too much for insurance no to use it lol.

08-23-11 06:21 AM
    Just bought a second hand one from eBay which said 'very light wear and tear'!
    2 weeks old apparently!

How the he managed to have a few little dents in the metal plastic bit and have about a dozen hair line scratches mostly around where it says Blackberry is un-real and not light wear and tear in my opinion!

Anyway can the LCD Digitizer be replaced without the LCD?
    12-29-11 03:59 AM
    Yes screen is glass,only sand and dimond can scratch it,I use screen protector cause I don't baby my phone too much ,no affect on sensitivity
    Just my 2 cents

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-29-11 04:11 AM
    No screen protector or a pouch and I have my bold always in my jeans or in my pocket of my jacket and it's fine, no scratch
    12-29-11 04:18 AM
    Don't have one. Hate them. My screen hasn't been scratched.
    12-29-11 04:23 AM
    I've had my 9900 since the ATT release date. No screen protector and always keep it in my pocket. So far there's no scratches on my screen. But I do have some few hairline scratches by the micro USB port from charging. But I have the dock now
    12-29-11 08:08 AM
    No screen protector and zero scatches granted its in my pants pocket by it self but no scratches none the less thought about a screen protector but the ones I've used that are on the market always feel to sticky and rather have the feel of the naked glass versus plastic sheet.

12-29-11 10:04 AM
    Got mine today. So none at all. :P
    12-29-11 10:07 AM
    Screen protector is a must for me!!! And this 9900 is my first touch phone sooo I went with a privacy screen protector and the touch works fine it also doesn't show finger print smudges (which drives me insane and why I never got a touch phone be4) with the privacy screen protector the screen itself isn't clear but rather filmy I don't mind as long as its protected and I don't get smudgy finger prints im constantly using the cloth and I have scratched my bb screens in the past but not bad very little and light but enough for me to notice and drive me crazy hahaha now I always use a screen protector and I always have a case
    12-29-11 11:14 AM
    If I can - if Belkin makes their Crystal Clear screen protector for the BBs use them. I don't like screen protectors but this one is almost totally invisible and has zero distortion to the screen, plus it almost mimics the slick feeling of uncovered glass.

For those who don't like how protectors change their screen appearance or the experience of the bare glass, it's probably the closest thing to nothing at all.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    12-29-11 11:18 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD