View Poll Results: Has your 9900/9930 Bricked itself?

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it has

100 39.37%
  • No, working just fine

154 60.63%
    Actually I was blaming the power source as well but yesterday morning my bb was again in a loop (clock, red light blinking) AND I didn't charge it over night since my last experiences with charging over night always ended with the same issue... So in fact I don't think (anymore) it has anything to do with charging or not charging. In my case it happened three times now, all three times over night and everytime battery pull helped out.

I just updated on the bundle 2406, maybe this helps... And I will get myself a real buzzer otherwise I start having nightmares of red blinking bb's and/or clocks ;-) I will also try out to put in in night mode maybe this helps?!

Let's cross fingers that RIM get's a solution for those issues asap...
    01-05-12 04:21 PM
    My 9930 worked flawlessly for the first couple months. One day it was acting kind of sluggish so I did a battery pull. Phone rebooted and bricked!
    01-05-12 08:06 PM
    Well, I was skeptical at maybe coming back and giving a 9900 a roll, but this has defintley got me thinking otherwise.

I should just stick with what works.

Weird so many people are having this issue as my 9700 was as solid a phone as you could get. I mean the forums are a small amount of complete users worldwide, but I am sure a lot of people had the same issue and just delt with their carrier. Sucks, was really hoping to give them a chance again.

Maybe a fix will be issued before my upgrade. I guess time tells all. Sorry for all you folks that have had this issue.
    My thoughts exactly
    Maybe I'll dust off my 9700 for a bit instead of getting a 9900...

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    01-06-12 12:11 AM
    Untill this moment my phone hasn't bricked itself and let's keep it that way!
    01-06-12 02:42 AM
    I really want to go get my AT&T 9900 this coming weekend, in fact, I already ordered 2 cases that will be delivered on Wednesday BUT, all this talk about bricking and OS reloading has got me real scared. , I don't want to spend $549.00 (no commitment) to have a phone that needs constant OS reloads or (worst case) totally bricks so I have to get a refurbished phone. I love Blackberry but am I making a mistake here ????
    01-09-12 05:31 PM
    I have had both my 9930s brick now. My original 9930 happened about 2 months ago and now the replacement one I got less then 2 months ago has bricked also.

With both phones I have taken great care of them with no drops or exposed to water, both times it happened I hadn't installed any new apps for atleast 1week.
    01-09-12 05:35 PM
    My first 9930 bricked itself (JVM) error on .374, but I think I had a faulty app. New 9930 has been working perfectly, and ill be updating to vzw's official 7.1 soon which, if I'm not mistaken, has solved the bricking issue for the most part.
    01-09-12 05:38 PM
    no brick 4 months old 9900, first unit no warranty anymore. let we continue that.
    How about you let the phone drop below 10 then try to charge it
    01-12-12 09:14 PM
    How about you let the phone drop below 10 then try to charge it
    I've done this several times with no harm. Ever since I got my 9900 I've been trying to replicate conditions that have been reported to cause bricking. I don't know what to think, but probably bad batches.
    01-12-12 10:58 PM
    ...anyways after researching for 2 days I found JL_CMDER, chose restore factory settings from that app, then the phone wiped itself, and within 20 minutes I got my BB back
    Lucky.

It doesn't work for me.

BBSAK.,

NOR the reinstall OS methods of that other thread. using .540.
    01-14-12 11:18 PM
    I Had my Bold 9900 4 months, in the beginning it was working fine. after 2 months the phone has started bricking itself after overnight charging or after a low battery drop and than trying to charge. It has Bricked 5 Times and I revived it with different methods. Spending Long hours and some times nights. But now It is Dead. Does not want to start Up at all. Laying on my Desk here.
    02-28-12 06:09 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD