View Poll Results: Has your 9900/9930 Bricked itself?

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it has

100 39.37%
  • No, working just fine

154 60.63%
    Yes
    That would be a NO then to 'has your 9900/9930 bricked itself?''

Just nuked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    uci2ci likes this.
    11-09-11 08:19 PM
    That would be a NO then to 'has your 9900/9930 bricked itself?''

Just nuked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yes, your right :$ ....editing post
    11-09-11 09:00 PM
    My 9900 is fine. Only had it about a week though (AT&T). Running .440
    11-09-11 10:00 PM
    I have had my 9930 since Launch Day for Sprint. No problems, until tonight. Phone froze, did a battery pull and, low... JVM 517. Unrecoverable after multiple battery pulls. >(

I'm just downloading the OS right now to do a restore.
    So I resurrected the nuked BB, and it nuked again last night. I restored the BB again today, this time using the current official Verizon OS. Since then it has been running fine again.

Very strange.
    11-09-11 10:07 PM
    I have a RANT as a response to this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...anyone-668652/ If you don't want to read it, feel free to hate me... BUT...

Telus took a copy of my Credit Card after exchanging my phone two times. If Telus charge me on that card, I will go to a Canadian media and speak against unsupportive RIM.

My brother's iPhone 4 broke down 3 times so far: first time it won't connect to computer, second time it went in to vibrate and no way to turn it off, third time one of the speakers died. The APPLE Canada NOT Telus replaced the phone at their Apple store for BRAND NEW units each time with no cost. RIM on the other hand told me that its is up to Telus to decide if I should get a refurbish one or new one or get changed on my credit card for exchanges.

If my phone brick or nuke, this will be not only my last Blackberry, I will go to media and find a reporter who willing to uncover all the problems that RIM has... Considering how companies like Samsung and Apple treat their customers, I am willing sue RIM at this point for sure. RIM should go bankrupt if they can't produce what I paid for....
    Last edited by mss-ca; 11-09-11 at 10:14 PM.
    11-09-11 10:11 PM
    please vote if yours hasn't bricked.. is it really this widespread? i don't believe it. mine is still good after a month (knock on wood)
    11-22-11 08:55 AM
    Hi,
    I'm with Wind Mobile in Canada. I bought a bold 9900 on October 31, 2011, and as of yesterday the phone doesn't start up anymore. To make matters worse the local Wind Mobile stores don't have any warranty "replacements" in stock, and there's no way in finding out when exactly I can use my 560 dollar phone again..

I guess the lesson is if you decide to go with blackberry, have a backup one as well!

Thanks Wind mobile and RIM.
    11-26-11 06:54 PM
    Yup, we have 6 9330s in use in our office on an enterprise server. Just had one go out today. The user said the phone died, he charged it overnight and the thing never turned on in the morning.
    Just flashing red light. Tried all the good stuff, replaced battery tried to connect to pc for firmware update. No luck.

Hopefully this will be warrantied.
    11-30-11 11:48 AM
    I just got another 9930 from sprint from a user that it bricked it'self. That makes 4 for my company so far
    11-30-11 12:28 PM
    9930 - VZW - on original 254 software and it nuked itself one time and now I back up weekly...which still doesn't feel like it's enough but after that no more issues.
    11-30-11 12:48 PM
    I am on my third bold 9900, the other 2 ones have bricked in the night.

To avoid this issue I never charge the bold in the night or leave it more time after the battery is full.
    11-30-11 01:12 PM
    Yup, happened to me twice in one week.

I'd take it off the charging pod in the morning before work and the track pad ring will light up for a second and go off, then the red light will do a long blink and it will repeat for about 4 to 6 hrs before it finally starts up.

No buttons work and a battery pull does nothing. I bought the phone on release day and have had no problems thus far and now this happened twice in one week?? How is that possible?
    11-30-11 02:40 PM
    Has this issue been official identify/fixed by RIM?
    12-23-11 03:09 PM
    Yes mine has "bricked" multiple times. I have lost count. I've recovered the phone every time with JLcmder and the desktop managing software, but of course, everything not backed up on the media card is wiped. After about the third OS crash, my media card reader stopped working. My phone won't even recognize my microSD card anymore. Its not an immediate problem for me, but its still aggravating.
    12-23-11 05:02 PM
    my bold 9900 just bricked this morning..sigh

does anybody know what the warranty for AT&T is? I got this about a month ago. any idea if I could get a replacement from AT&T?
    12-23-11 05:14 PM
    It went into the red led reboot loop when I plugged it in while in the red one night but a battery pull fixed it. So that's a yeeee-no?
    12-23-11 06:23 PM
    Bricked this morning. First problem I've had with it. Battery pull hasn't worked, nor has plugging into desktop manager. Going to call AT&T support and try to get a new unit.

Good to know RIM is really on top of the fix.
    12-23-11 08:37 PM
    Well, I was skeptical at maybe coming back and giving a 9900 a roll, but this has defintley got me thinking otherwise.

I should just stick with what works.

Weird so many people are having this issue as my 9700 was as solid a phone as you could get. I mean the forums are a small amount of complete users worldwide, but I am sure a lot of people had the same issue and just delt with their carrier. Sucks, was really hoping to give them a chance again.

Maybe a fix will be issued before my upgrade. I guess time tells all. Sorry for all you folks that have had this issue.
    12-23-11 09:26 PM
    My latest one has been working 100% and going strong.
    12-24-11 12:20 AM
    My screen went out yesterday, covered by insusrance & I got new 9930 today.
    12-24-11 02:14 AM
    Seems to me, there's a lot of confusion about what a "bricked" phone really is.
    And while this poll may seem to be a very good idea, I have serious doubts about its validity.
    What I mean is that most people responding are usually the ones that have had issues. People don't tend to pay attention until actually affected.
    12-24-11 02:48 AM
    My husband and I both puchased the Bold 9900 the day of its release from ATT. My Bold is still working fine (knock on wood). My husband's Bold has bricked twice- black screen, flashing red light. Twice I was able to use apploader and do a battery pull to force intialization and reinstall the OS. The second occurrence was on Christmas Eve. Although the OS reinstalled, the phone lost BIS connectivity. My husband had a phone that could make calls and text, but no data service. To make a long story short, I spend two hours on the phone with ATT and Blackberry. Then my husband went into the ATT store and spent an hour there. The prognosis was that he had a faulty radio. He was then sent home and instructed to call the ATT service department. He spent another hour on the phone while they made sure his phone no longer worked properly. Finally, my husband was sent a refurbished phone from ATT and we had to send back the defective unit. In the meantime he went at least a week without data services that we still paid $30 to not use. I'm disappointed in ATT's lack of compensation in that area as well as having to spend 4 hours to determine that a new phone needed to be sent out. I'm hoping that my Bold and the new Bold that my husband received continue to work properly. We both love the phone and it is the 7th blackberry that I have owned in the last 6 years (I like to have the latest and greatest). Anyway, I just wanted to join the discussion as ATT and Blackberry like to act like these are all isolated incidents.
    01-04-12 03:19 PM
    Although my phone has never bricked itself, it has shut itself off a couple of times and restarted all on it's own. (which I thought was kind of weird)
    01-04-12 06:21 PM
    updated and downgraded several times... never bricked.
    01-04-12 06:49 PM
    Hello,

I had the infinite boot problem. I found that it (in my case) was coming from power surges when charging overnight. I now plug it into a surge protector (power bar) and all is well. You will not find the plug overheating or warm to the touch.

RIMPIRE must strike back
    01-05-12 12:29 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD