I saw the sneak peak video the other day, I also know that H3G has announced August as the release date. Does anyone know the score?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 07:07 AM
    Nobody has officially announced a release date yet... and 3UK have delayed their 'expected' date to September.

Last edited by Phill_UK; 06-17-11 at 07:17 AM.
    06-17-11 07:14 AM
    Voda will almost certainly get it before 3UK and the fact that they released the video in early June and have been 'launching soon' for a while now makes me think that they'll be ready before September (I doubt they would release the video and change the release status three months before the phone is ready to drop.)

But yes, as has been pointed out, no-one really knows. My guess is late July, for that it's worth. (And it is probably worth precisely nothing, actually. )
    06-17-11 07:26 AM
    Great... we now have our very own Leftypepper in the UK

06-17-11 07:38 AM
    no preorders have come to light yet via major carriers. add a month on after they do come to light as a rough guide to expect one!

06-17-11 07:53 AM
    no preorders have come to light yet via major carriers. add a month on after they do come to light as a rough guide to expect one!

I've yet to see Vodafone do preorders. Anything on their coming soon page is either "coming soon" or released.
    06-17-11 08:29 AM
    I've yet to see Vodafone do preorders. Anything on their coming soon page is either "coming soon" or released.
    All Vodafone's 'high-end' BlackBerries have first been announced, then pre-order, and finally released.

06-17-11 08:33 AM

Well, I guess we already had our own Phil_UK
    06-17-11 08:39 AM

Is that supposed to be me?

All I said was that it seems unlikely Voda would announce so early if they weren't going to release until September, which I thought perfectly reasonable.

(I also said that I had no specific information that would allow me to be precise. All perfectly reasonable, I thought...)

06-17-11 08:53 AM
    Vodafone staff have a meeting with RIM reps end of June, they might discuss release dates, We'll find out early July.
    06-17-11 08:59 AM
    It was actually your 'My guess is late July' that prompted my comment... in jest I might add

The 'coming soon' on Vodafone's website, and their 'sneak peek video' have no relevance to a possible early release date.

06-17-11 09:07 AM

All I said was that it seems unlikely Voda would announce so early if they weren't going to release until September, which I thought perfectly reasonable.

(I also said that I had no specific information that would allow me to be precise. All perfectly reasonable, I thought...)

I agree with you
    06-17-11 09:08 AM
    I agree with you
    You would Chaz.

Remind me, how long have you been a BlackBerry owner? And how many times have you experienced the wait for a new Bold release?

It's the same every time. Some of us have been here before though... and got the T-shirt

06-17-11 09:23 AM
    You would Chaz.

Remind me, how long have you been a BlackBerry owner? And how many times have you experienced the wait for a new Bold release?

It's the same every time. Some of us have been here before though... and got the T-shirt

Although I remain optimistic (come on July!!!) this approach is probably the right one - it's usually a case of add on two weeks+ to the official release date unfortunately. Although I think that all went well with the 9780... (there's that optimism again )
    06-17-11 09:30 AM
    The 9780 was slightly different in that it was only a 'refresh' to the existing 9700, and it never had an actual release date. It just slipped out quietly as network providers ran out of stock of the 9700.

06-17-11 09:35 AM
    Awnn ok noboby knows..Vodafone IT is supposed to lunch it on October corridors voices say. I thought I'd take a plane to London and get it in July ,my birthday, also before anyone else...ehehe. But as I can see maybe is better to wait October and get it free from my administration.

06-18-11 06:05 AM

Glad I'm international now

06-18-11 08:39 AM
    Keep an eye on Voadfones coming soon page. Their page is ordered depending on release dates, the 9900 is first, second is the Galaxy tab 10.1 and that just got a release date of 4th August. So if Vodafone don't update their page and move the tab 10.1 to the top of the list, the 9900 could be coming before 4th August.

Coming Soon | The Latest New Mobile Phones from Vodafone
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will launch in the UK on August 4th -- Engadget
    06-24-11 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD