First thread, Long time crackberry user. I'd like to repair my Bold 9900 to keep as a backup to my Q10, I smashed the heck out of my digitizer one day. The phone continued to function until a family member's dog decided to lick the phone . I mistakenly ordered a digitizer only instead of a screen/digitizer assembly, has anyone managed to get one apart without breaking the LCD? How do you bond the LCD to the new digitizer?

Thanks for any advice, this isn't a pressing issue as I cradle my Q10 like its my first born, but ya never know...
    09-02-13 01:14 PM
    Well, although I did it unsuccessfully (lol), I can tell you how to do it. Once you have properly removed the lcd/digitizer components from the device you will need something like this like a hair dryer to heat up the glue to remove the two pieces from one another.

What happened with me was I damaged the digitizer while removing the broken glass. There was still a lot of adhesive on the digitizer, so I had no problem getting the two pieces to stick.

Since you already ordered the digitizer, I would just cough up the extra money and buy the LCD instead of trying to remove them from each other like I did.
    09-02-13 02:10 PM
    Thats what I was afraid of, I figured since I have the digitizer here I'd give it the good ol college try, but screw it for a spare phone, i'll do it right.
    09-02-13 02:43 PM
    I was going to try that but just bought the whole lcd and digitizer from someone in china. works a dream
    09-06-13 09:29 PM