I want to remove the "Rogers" chin part of my 9900. Anyone does it yet with pictures? I want to do the same. Also where to buy this piece?

I looked on cnn.cn with no luck.

TIA
    09-04-11 04:13 PM
    You can use the method that seems to be the best until you can buy an unbranded bezel.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...bottom-640888/

Otherwise, you have to wait.
    09-04-11 04:35 PM
    Actually the easiest way is to get some Acetone and a Qtip or paper towel. It wipes off in seconds.
    09-04-11 06:50 PM
    I've used that same exact method and it came off in about 4 minutes. After your done with the nail polish removed then get a rubber eraser to move the ghost image and then go back on it with the nail polish remover. Ill post up some high quality pics of it tonight when I get home so you can get a idea what it looks like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-11 07:04 PM
    I just bought some dollar store nail polish remover, dipped a q tip a little bit in it, and rubbed off the rogers logo. quick and easy i how have a unbranded 9900 with full BestSkinsEver protection.
    09-04-11 08:04 PM
    I will try this. Thanks to all who replied!
    09-06-11 03:09 PM
    I would like to replace a couple parts with different colors. The part that you reference is one of them but I can't seem to find (or know how to find) a company that does it. Colorware has been mum so far.
    09-06-11 03:12 PM

worked like a charm!
    09-06-11 03:33 PM
    Click to view quoted image

worked like a charm!
    nail polish remover worked?
    09-23-11 08:49 PM
    I too wanted to get rid of the carrier logo on my Bold 9930. I looked into replacing the bottom front panel, found lots of unbranded ones on ebay...some even had the proper pry tool to peel off the original panel. I read the post from the brother who used nail polish remover to remove the logo...sounded almost too simple! I got a bottle and the Q-tips (I live with my girlfriend and my 11 year old daughter...need I say more.) I dipped the Q-tip in and started to rub it into the logo and voila! it came off incredibly easily and left not marks at all...my phone is clean as a whistle and no stupid carrier logo! Awesome!
    Last edited by theraver; 12-04-11 at 09:24 PM.
    12-04-11 09:19 PM
    I remember seeing a post about this a while ago from Blaize or Adam Zeis can't remember which one that provided a link with a unbranded piece from a company. Wish I could find it for you I'll have to see if I can.
    12-04-11 09:35 PM
    What a great post, I'm going to try it on my Verizon
    just to try it. very cool..
    12-04-11 09:45 PM
    Actually the easiest way is to get some Acetone and a Qtip or paper towel. It wipes off in seconds.
    Sounds good, but how does the plastic piece looks like after you removed the logo?
    12-04-11 09:51 PM
    Plastic piece looks fine afterwards. I removed my VZW logo weeks ago with nail polish remover. Just don't saturate the phone.

12-04-11 09:57 PM
    Nail polish trick works well. I love the un-branded look.

12-04-11 10:01 PM
    Plastic piece looks fine afterwards. I removed my VZW logo weeks ago with nail polish remover. Just don't saturate the phone.

I'm going to try this method. I was actually looking at truesupplier.com earlier for the mouth piece but they don't have them in their website. I don't really want mod my 9900 too much. I just want the att logo removed.
    12-04-11 10:04 PM
    They do have the mounthpiece if i am right.
    It's easy to remove the mounth piece with just your nail or a credit.
    Should buy it and pop it in, easy and simple.
    If this method doesn't work, then I will buy it most definitely.
    12-04-11 10:24 PM
    I used a penny coin first before I tried the nail polish trick. The coin definitely left some saturated color. Use the nail polish remover! works much better for sure.

I still can kind of see the "Rogers" brand logo if I look for it and with some lighting.
    12-05-11 12:04 AM
    Here is a picture of mine using the q-tip and nail polish remover.

12-05-11 12:11 AM
    I was lazy and didn't wipe it down before taking the picture. It isn't collecting... that is actually the screen protector peeling up a little bit. Ouch... I know! Hey it was my first time putting one on.

I need to order a new one. That screen protector is the one provided with the Otterbox Defender so I'm not sure on quality...
    12-05-11 12:25 AM
    I used a penny coin first before I tried the nail polish trick. The coin definitely left some saturated color. Use the nail polish remover! works much better for sure.

I still can kind of see the "Rogers" brand logo if I look for it and with some lighting.
    It worked like a charm saved me the time and hassle of ordering. At first I could still see the ATT logo in a certain lighting and angle, but I kept wiping the mouth piece with acetone. I can't even tell its there anymore.
    12-05-11 02:34 PM
    On my first device the Verizon logo literally just came off over time. I feel as though if you gently rub it off with some acetone or something (like mentioned above) it will come off cleanly
    12-05-11 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD