Long time BlackBerry user. Owned all sorts: the 957 brand with no cellular radio, curve, Bold 9700, the one with a scroll wheel (circa 2007). Owned at least 4. Devoted user.

Been on iOS for a year (didn't llike the size of the 9700 and jumped) and can't wait to flee from my contract with AT&T and jump to VZW to pick up the 9930. Meaning: I'm willing to pay cost of contract termination and cost of a new device, just to get back to BB. But, I can't. Because of RIMM's ineptitude. I'm still waiting, just like you all are.

Phone was introduced on May 2nd in N. America. All these silly BlackBerry events: Orlando event, earnings reports, BlackBerry event in Toronto. And still nothing on the carriers shelves. Today is a Saturday, a day off of work for most. You know what would be cool? Getting over to a VZW store and purchasing a Bold 9930 today, then spending the day customizing it, familiarizing it.

We can't today, though. Cause RIMM sucks. And I am a shareholder, too.

You think anything would happen like this at Apple? Intro/teasing a device and then NOTHING for 4 months? Technology is advancing every 3 months. The phone you buy today will be obsolete tomorrow. And RIMM still hasn't kicked these things out yet for marks like me to purchase?

So, I'll keep googling "BlackBerry Bold 9930 Verizon" every day -- waiting. I'll keep visiting Crackberry for some nugget of information.

Oh, and the poor Sprint folks have been jobbed! Sometime this Fall???? Jack-O-Lanterns and the new Bold? Turkey dinner and the new Bold???

BS
    Sharma15 and kevinnugent like this.
    08-06-11 01:24 PM
    I agree with you that RIM should take a page out of Apples book on how to properly release a product....
    ....To maximize sales and ride the wave of hype.
    ....I love my blackberry but seriously, RIM is a marketing dullard.
    08-06-11 02:10 PM
    Long time BlackBerry user. Owned all sorts: the 957 brand with no cellular radio, curve, Bold 9700, the one with a scroll wheel (circa 2007). Owned at least 4. Devoted user.

Been on iOS for a year (didn't llike the size of the 9700 and jumped) and can't wait to flee from my contract with AT&T and jump to VZW to pick up the 9930. Meaning: I'm willing to pay cost of contract termination and cost of a new device, just to get back to BB. But, I can't. Because of RIMM's ineptitude. I'm still waiting, just like you all are.

Phone was introduced on May 2nd in N. America. All these silly BlackBerry events: Orlando event, earnings reports, BlackBerry event in Toronto. And still nothing on the carriers shelves. Today is a Saturday, a day off of work for most. You know what would be cool? Getting over to a VZW store and purchasing a Bold 9930 today, then spending the day customizing it, familiarizing it.

We can't today, though. Cause RIMM sucks. And I am a shareholder, too.

You think anything would happen like this at Apple? Intro/teasing a device and then NOTHING for 4 months? Technology is advancing every 3 months. The phone you buy today will be obsolete tomorrow. And RIMM still hasn't kicked these things out yet for marks like me to purchase?

So, I'll keep googling "BlackBerry Bold 9930 Verizon" every day -- waiting. I'll keep visiting Crackberry for some nugget of information.

Oh, and the poor Sprint folks have been jobbed! Sometime this Fall???? Jack-O-Lanterns and the new Bold? Turkey dinner and the new Bold???

BS
    That is some dedication right there! I hope all goes well for you though. And you're right, RIM really did fudge the marketing aspect for these new phones. If anything, they should take a page from Apple to see how things should be done.
    08-06-11 02:31 PM
    WOW! Good for you man thats some determination! Glad to see another CrackBerry user aboard
    08-06-11 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD