Anyone else notice that when you lean the phone against your shoulder while talking (say your using both of your hands for something else) the person on the other end has a hard time hearing you? I keep getting complaints that I sound broken up while doing this.

Anyone else?
    I could have sworn that I read a post recently on here from someone else experiencing this.

Thanks,

R-
    09-12-11 12:56 PM
    Yeah I've heard of this before. It most likely is because the microphone sits behind a very tiny slit along the bottom right corner on the face of the phone instead of the bottom like most Blackberry's. You may be covering it while you hold it wedged between your face and your shoulder.

If I helped clickem mah Thanks buttons! Take Care!
    09-12-11 12:58 PM
    Use a case that separates your shoulder/face from the mic. That might help.

The otterbox commuter does this.
    09-12-11 01:01 PM
    Ok guys, I just spoke to my brother who has a 9930 from Verizon and he has the same issue I described above with his phone. Seems like this may be a common problem.
    09-12-11 01:12 PM
    Ok guys, I just spoke to my brother who has a 9930 from Verizon and he has the same issue I described above with his phone. Seems like this may be a common problem.
    lol, of course its a common problem. If your pushing your face into the front of the phone, where the mic is, you most likely will be muffling the mic. Everybody I know that has the 9900 has this problem. Just have to learn to not perch your phone on your shoulder like its a parrot that you hate and you want to kill it by squeezing it with your face.

lol. I tease, but seriously, it is what it is. Sorry to disappoint! Really hope you can work around this!
    09-12-11 01:43 PM
    lol, of course its a common problem. If your pushing your face into the front of the phone, where the mic is, you most likely will be muffling the mic. Everybody I know that has the 9900 has this problem. Just have to learn to not perch your phone on your shoulder like its a parrot that you hate and you want to kill it by squeezing it with your face.

lol. I tease, but seriously, it is what it is. Sorry to disappoint! Really hope you can work around this!
    Thanks guys. will learn to just use the speakerphone. :+)
    Feel better that it's not just my phone though.
    09-12-11 01:49 PM
    Thanks guys. will learn to just use the speakerphone. :+)
    Feel better that it's not just my phone though.
    if you need more privacy, and your hands free at the same time you sould get a bluetooth headset.
    09-12-11 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD