hello there, i'm from Greece with my 9900 device. My carrier here said before minutes that they have H+ signal but i never noticed that on my phone. Is there any setting that i have to do ? (my carrier is vodafone).

thanks in advance.
    09-16-11 12:36 PM
    Go to Options > Network & Connections > Mobile Network > make sure you use one of the H+ options under Network Mode
    09-16-11 12:42 PM
    Go to Options > Network & Connections > Mobile Network > make sure you use one of the H+ options under Network Mode

just give me 3G - 2G and 3G&2G .... any other idea???
    09-16-11 12:55 PM
    just give me 3G - 2G and 3G&2G .... any other idea???
    You should have an option with 3G/H+ & 2G OR anything with H+ on it. If not, I would go back to the service provider(carrier) and ask for help. This may be an OS error that can be rest by them.

Also, try pulling out the battery and re-booting and see if H+ appears in that list. I have mine set to 3G/H+ & 2G so that I always get a signal.
    09-16-11 01:02 PM
    Vodafone Portugal with the same here... They don�t sell it yet, so no support...
    09-16-11 01:13 PM
    it can be the firmware, try to upgrade it.
    09-16-11 01:27 PM
    You should have an option with 3G/H+ & 2G OR anything with H+ on it. If not, I would go back to the service provider(carrier) and ask for help. This may be an OS error that can be rest by them.

Also, try pulling out the battery and re-booting and see if H+ appears in that list. I have mine set to 3G/H+ & 2G so that I always get a signal.
    as about the OS i have .296 bundle 1465. I dont know if something happens with this version. And, my 9900 is an unlock device working well for all the rest. Just the H+ signal.
    09-16-11 01:29 PM
    it can be the firmware, try to upgrade it.
    you mean OS ?
    09-16-11 01:30 PM
    Yes, try updating to .353 or .362

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    giorgoskyropoulos likes this.
    09-16-11 01:38 PM
    Yes, try updating to .353 or .362

and what about the vendor of different carrier ?
    09-16-11 01:56 PM
    can anyone post a photo which got the H+ signal shown on screen ?

thanks a lot.
    09-16-11 01:58 PM
    Hold on everybody.... Some carriers 9900 only show 3G even though they are on the H+ network. Its up to the carriers weather they want to market their phone as 3G or H+ as both arent wrong. HSPA+ is still a 3G network.... well 3.5G but you get the idea.

Your phone most likely is running on the H+ network. You probably just bought your phone from a carrier that only shows 3G on their phone. Changing the OS will not help with this as what the phone displays is hard coded on the phone and is not Firmware/OS related.

If I helped clickem mah Thanks buttons! Take Care!
    09-16-11 02:02 PM
    H+ is a North American marketing gimmick... you won't get that icon in Europe.

If your network supports H+ speeds, you will be getting it, just without the icon.

09-16-11 02:55 PM
    I bought my device just for this icon and the 1.2 GHZ processor
    10-22-11 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD