So its decided everyone its about network not any software or hardware variant. It depends on what your network brands there network.
    10-23-11 09:21 PM

I got this 9900 from AIS (one of the Thai carriers) and it is not showing H+. My friend is using SS Galaxy II and is on AIS as well but his showing H+ so I'm quite confused.
    10-24-11 11:21 AM
    What i get from here is that phones that support bands 1,2,5,6 gets H+ where 1, 4 and 8 like mine (vodafone), don't. This suck, and I don't think software can fix this?
    11-01-11 03:21 AM
    Why does it suck? It has nothing to do with performance.
    11-01-11 04:23 AM
    What i get from here is that phones that support bands 1,2,5,6 gets H+ where 1, 4 and 8 like mine (vodafone), don't. This suck, and I don't think software can fix this?
    If it had anything to do with device bands, which it obviously isn't, then we would be getting 4G just like TMO devices with bands 1, 4 & 8.

It's all down to device/carrier ID, and if carriers wanted to show H+, this would be a simple software fix.
    11-01-11 06:44 AM
    I agree with this comment. The H+ on Telus Mobility Canada has a SLOWER speeds on BIS than the 3G on my friends British service provider!!! That is BS! H+ has slower speeds in Canada than UK's 3G!
    Of course Telus Canada will never be performant as much as Vodafone UK where, HSPDA coverage is everywhere even into the UNDERGROUND station

Performance, development and technology are always dictated by the money power and the right spread of it, have a look of the Vodafone capital declaired

Even in Italy: from Rome up to Milan we fly with Voda at HSPDA speeds, But UK is the place where Vodafone coverage is at its best of.
    Last edited by Spartacus_82; 11-02-11 at 12:09 AM.
    11-02-11 12:05 AM
    Hey friend,
    This is a carrier branding thing that only occurs when you buy a device from a specific carrier. You will still achieve the HSPA+ (or 4G) data speeds that all other BlackBerries with that support achieve but you will not see the letter. Proof is that the H+ is connected with the 3G indicator in connections, as a posed to a separate network option.
    Basically, if you take that device to a 3G only network (no HSPA+) it will still say H+ even though it is not officially connected to that, and this is because the '3G' indicator is essentially replaced with the 'H+' indicator on these new devices.
    This is similar to how on the T-Mobile Bold 9900 it actually says 4G (but no H+) and connects the same way to the 3G indicator as the H+ indicator does.
    Does this make any sense?

Basically, ignore the indicator, if you are getting 3G then you will be getting the same data speeds as your friend on the same network.
    Cheers!
    05-15-12 01:58 PM
    Hi guys,

I just got my new 9900 unbranded (no logo) and its the best blackberry ever, But I never got H+ signal then I checked the network mode there r 3G, 2G, 3G&2G.. no H+ option.

We talked about it on our blackberry forum (Indonesia) and we found out that only 9900 with rogers logo got H+ option.

It is not about the provider or the coverage area, it is the network selection.. we use the same provider, same coverage area, but different types of 9900. One is unbranded, the other one is rogers.

Unbranded 9900 : 3G, 2G, 3G&2G
    Rogers 9900 : 3G/H+, 2G, 3G/H+&2G

Is there any way to solve this issue?
    What is (or was) your OS version? I want to downgrade my OS from 7.0.0.353 and give this a try.
    05-15-12 02:56 PM
    What is (or was) your OS version? I want to downgrade my OS from 7.0.0.353 and give this a try.
    Read the comments... there's nothing to try!
    05-15-12 03:24 PM
    I am sure there is. I'm willing to put in the work. He clearly says "Unbranded 9900 : 3G, 2G, 3G&2G". I've read all the postings and see no definitive answer.
    05-15-12 03:34 PM
    I am sure there is. I'm willing to put in the work. He clearly says "Unbranded 9900 : 3G, 2G, 3G&2G". I've read all the postings and see no definitive answer.
    I'm confused. What exactly are you wanting to achieve?
    This 9 month old thread was about the fact that other than a few NA carrier supplied 9900's, all other models just show 3G instead of H+ or 4G. As long as your carrier supports HSPA+ data speeds, you will still get them, but your phone will only ever show 3G. The H+ and 4G symbols mean nothing, they're just marketing gimmicks.... we're all getting roughly the same speeds, and nobody can exceed those.
    05-15-12 05:36 PM
111 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD