I unlocked by Rogers BlackBerry Bold 9900 and put my AT&T sim card in...it appears that I'm consistently getting 3G coverage...which is fine...

my question is ... why am I not getting the H+ coverage like the other Rogers customers who are using a Rogers sim card...

anyone else experiencing this as well?
    08-11-11 10:58 PM
    H+ coverage isn't avaliable everywhere. Try choosing the H+ ("4G") option only and and see if you have coverage. If not, it's not avaliable in your area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 11:04 PM
    You're not in a HSPA+ coverage area.
    08-11-11 11:08 PM
    I had this issue with a 4G phone as well. If you have a 3G data plan you have to call customer care and have them change it over to the 4G version, this usually only applies to the older grandfathered unlimited data plans. They just swap it out for the 4G version in their system and you are good to go.
    08-11-11 11:16 PM
    I seen a weird thing going in to my HSPA+ is bouncing, some time i have 3G sometime i have H+ and to be honest what is this thing H+ is faster then 4G ?? or is just a new thing on the market exactly like 4G but under other name ??

i read all the thing about it on carckberry.com but im still a bit confuse.
    08-11-11 11:36 PM
    I seen a weird thing going in to my HSPA+ is bouncing, some time i have 3G sometime i have H+ and to be honest what is this thing H+ is faster then 4G ?? or is just a new thing on the market exactly like 4G but under other name ??

i read all the thing about it on carckberry.com but im still a bit confuse.
    H+ (HSPA+) is just evolved 3G. You can get a maximum 14.4 Mbps downstream and 5.76 Mbps upstream. It's still a big improvement over the previous generation of BlackBerry's.
    08-11-11 11:43 PM
    what I am wondering is why my phone (mytouch4g) says H, while my buddies Galaxy S says 4G. We are both on the same network. (T-Mobile)

08-12-11 01:23 AM
    what I am wondering is why my phone (mytouch4g) says H, while my buddies Galaxy S says 4G. We are both on the same network. (T-Mobile)

The mytouch 4G got the 4G indicator in the Gingerbread update.
    08-12-11 01:58 AM
    Got my 9900 in Rogers today. It shows H+ on the screen!
    08-12-11 02:00 AM
    Got my 9900 in Rogers today. It shows H+ on the screen!

what sim card? AT&t?
    08-12-11 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD