EDIT:
    Finally the telephone antenna near my house is broken.
    I was thinking that I just did not have the connection to have Internet well configured.
    My Internet connection was working at 1 KiB / s download PDF documents on BB9900 with Opera Mini, where I have only installed the service book Browser_BB_without_bis.ipd
    I have telephoned the operator Orange and they say the connection is fine (3G full radio) but they say that there is a problem with 4G that does not affect me.
    I try to open maps in several Blackberry with the apps 8Motions, gvSIG and Wisepilot.
    The loading of the maps in both is tedious, exaggeratedly slow. A map takes several minutes to open.
    - Yesterday I deleted in BB9360 the service book "WAP BrowserConfig [Browser Config]" which seems to be the one installed by Browser_BB_without_bis.ipd At that time I lost the native browser but the maps start loading at full speed in all apps.
    I think the error is in the deleted service book that is only able to speed up the old WAP protocol but ...
    -Today, without touching anything on BB9360, the maps become slow again. I go back to the operation yesterday and the maps are still slow. Although Opera Mini seems to work well.
    In addition the BB9900 is a paperweight, the Internet does not work at more than 1 KiB in any app.
    I have deleted all the service books in both Blackberry and the problem continues.
    Then I have looked for an app to measure the speed connection, DeGroupTest works fine on BB9900
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=ES
    Guide: BlackBerry OS 7 (maybe 6) WITHOUT BIS-screen-180510-211733.jpg
    I have verified that the data transmission rate is 67 kilobits / s in the streets near my house, although maximum GSM radio is indicated.
    I go to another neighborhood and try a SIM card from the operator Vodafone and now the data transmission is 1500 Kb / s.
    I go back to try Orange operator in this other neighborhood and the data now goes to 650 Kb / s.
    I'm going to a more distant neighborhood and now the data transmission is higher than 3000 Kb / s
    I return to my neighborhood and the transmission is now 47 Kb / s
    I try now with a Blackberry Q5 and the 3G transmission is 95523 Kb / s (Wifitest app is not reliable). I try 4G and it's fine too. I try 2 G and it does not work.
    I try Android on Motorola & Samsung 3G with Speedtest app
    Motorola Pro +: 2880 Kbit / s
    Samsung Young: 2200 Kbit / s
    At this moment I think that the operator Orange blocks the Blackberry OS phones (or it uses the 2G network although I have it configured only 3G so I try test with a Samsung Mini with only 2G and it works fine.). But I try again with Blackberry Bold 9900 and now the speed is 660 Kbit / s (before 47 Kbit / s)
    I call the company and inform them of these tests.
    The next day I go back to test the data transfer rates
    (always with the phones indicating maximum network radio) and now the speed is 0 Kbit / s. I call the company and they say that they have turned off the antenna for maintenance.
    I still have to carry out more tests in another city but it seems evident that in my street there have been problems of "intermittent" connection with the Orange network from the Blackberry OS phones that almost manage to make me "crazy" during the 3 months that I lost the BIS connection and it coincides with the time that I have problems in the data connection with Blackberry OS phones. So I have been mistakenly thinking that there was a configuration problem with my service books.
    (I hope that this has finally been the problem)
    Any manual on service books? Documentation about service books?
    Last edited by Cixert; 05-11-18 at 09:28 PM.
    05-09-18 12:53 PM
    Today without touching anything, after 4 months without officially having BIS from Orange Spain, ¡¡BIS service has returned working via Wi-Fi!! (does not run via cellular network).
    I think it was because yesterday I connected to a new Wi-Fi network and today I restarted the phone in that new Wi-Fi network.
    After, in the cellular network, Opera Mini initially did not work via the socket / http option menu but later it has started to work.
    Wisepilot took a few minutes to decide to start working via cellular network and it works without problems.
    The rest of the apps seem to be working correctly via cellular network after resetting the BIS connection via Wi-Fi.
    Edit:
    Three days later, the BIS connection remains visible on the Blackberry BB icon and on networks it appears as active. Unfortunately, despite this data, it has stopped sending and receiving information from the BB server suddenly.
    It is not the first time that the BIS connection is activated again, but I can not find a pattern.
    I have tried to delete the service books and reconnect to a new Wi-Fi network but it is not activated again.
    Maybe it's Orange's maintenance that casually activates it.
    I already forego forever of all the services of the telephone manufacturers, both Blackberry, as Motorola, as Samsung, and Google. In the end they try to take you on a different path than you want to go.
    Last edited by Cixert; 05-31-18 at 08:34 PM.
    05-25-18 07:27 AM
    This is a very old thread, but is anyone still doing this? I gave up fully featured smartphones 6 months ago and wondered if this would be just enough functionality (no email, outside of WiFi) to make this work for me. The Bold's small size really make it appealing to me. I'd activate it on Mint Sim or Boom.
    07-25-18 11:40 AM
    Hi, I am unsuccesfully trying to get some payed apps from BBW for a long time now (most of them cost few bucks, not going to ruing me). I do not have no BIS plan, only standard phone and data from my operator. Both work fine (I use latest Opera mini). So if I active special BIS plan, it would connect into BBW with my ID again and I could set-up payment methods?? I have no intention of using any of those e-mail and other things, but I finally want to get some apps for the phone (Torch 9810) so I can use it's potential…
    01-06-19 07:25 PM
    Hi, I am unsuccesfully trying to get some payed apps from BBW for a long time now (most of them cost few bucks, not going to ruing me). I do not have no BIS plan, only standard phone and data from my operator. Both work fine (I use latest Opera mini). So if I active special BIS plan, it would connect into BBW with my ID again and I could set-up payment methods?? I have no intention of using any of those e-mail and other things, but I finally want to get some apps for the phone (Torch 9810) so I can use it's potential…
    Even if you could access everything, you can't buy apps through BlackBerry World anymore. The payment services have been removed in the lead up to the closure of BlackBerry World on December 31, 2019.
    01-06-19 08:27 PM
    Even if you could access everything, you can't buy apps through BlackBerry World anymore. The payment services have been removed in the lead up to the closure of BlackBerry World on December 31, 2019.
    Well, I got this trouble for like two years now, but…how the heck they suppose to make money if they don't even take them? And how are they gonna distribute applications for their phones when they close the thing?
    01-08-19 03:50 PM
    how the heck they suppose to make money if they don't even take them?
    They haven't cared about making money on BBOS devices since 2014 when sales and support stopped for them. Even less now that they've reach end of life in April 2018.

And how are they gonna distribute applications for their phones when they close the thing?
    They won't. You've had many, many years to move on from BBOS. You skipped out on a whole generation of BlackBerry 10 devices. The end for those BBOS devices is PAST DUE.
    01-08-19 04:49 PM
    They are still making and selling BBS OS 10 devices so which stopped sales exactly are you talking about? They also kept saying everywhere I looked at how dedicated they are to BB OS 10 etc. etc., so now they are killing products which you can buy today and have 2year warranty in less than a year? Duh

Would be good to at least open some official possibility to let ppl install packages directly. But judging how the company works, no wonder they lost almost all customers, went almost bankrupt and only after receiving milions from Intel (AFAIK) "returned back" to phone business. With this very same attitude. They are going to bankrupt for real before 2025 if they'll continue on this path.

OK, so, I guess, time to move on to next thread with all the apps available NOT from BBW
    01-08-19 04:58 PM
    They are still making and selling BBS OS 10 devices so which stopped sales exactly are you talking about?
    No, they're not. BB10 devices haven't been produced or officially sold in a long time. Anything you see is old stock and retailers selling through them and BB10 is set for End of Life status in Dec 2019. - https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ort-life-cycle. And anything you see about them being dedicated is probably from 2017 anyway.. you had 2018 and until the end of 2019.

Plus, you can install packages yourself if you want to go through that process but it's up to the developers to make the install (.bar) files available. That's not a BlackBerry thing to solve, but given the small amount of BB10 developers, there likely won't be much to install.
    01-08-19 06:27 PM
    They are still making and selling BBS OS 10 devices so which stopped sales exactly are you talking about?
    The last BB10 devices came out almost 4 years ago.

BlackBerry switched to Android in the fall of 2015.

BlackBerry left the handset hardware business in 2016.

BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) continues to sell their own BlackBerry-branded Android devices though - KEY², KEY² LE, KEYᵒⁿᵉ, and Motion.
    Last edited by conite; 01-08-19 at 06:42 PM.
    01-08-19 06:31 PM
    Old stock or not old stock, it is covered by warranty in each country so in case there is defect, even SW one, and they won't provide support, it is valid reason to return and request money back…

Anyway, if that's the case, well, no wonder, they ended as they did. In a few years, if they won't die off, they'll shrink to tiny firm nobody will even remember like dozens of others. Though as I said, was not even able to set up payment back in 2017 so, once again, how do they expect to sell and make money if it does not work and nobody can actually GIVE them the moneiz. Go figure!

This is just like Nokia, another great brand died off with only chinese producing cheap crap under the name. Pity. Hopefully the craproid will start dying off in a few years and something reasonable will come, otherwise I'll have some serious troubles lol…will have to keep buying the 9810 until something good will appear once again…but with no apps available the phone is kinda crippled, can't do so many things I could otherwise do…
    01-08-19 07:17 PM
    Old stock or not old stock, it is covered by warranty in each country so in case there is defect, even SW one, and they won't provide support, it is valid reason to return and request money back…
    That's between you and the retailer.

will have to keep buying the 9810 until something good will appear once again…but with no apps available the phone is kinda crippled, can't do so many things I could otherwise do…
    Or you could buy a modern device and not worry such things since BBOS devices are only going to get worse as the closure of BIS continues.

But to each their own. You do you.
    01-08-19 07:25 PM
    Yo recommend some tough one with keyboard, normal size (which almost certainly limits it to slider style), good battery life (even without it having huge milion-Ah-sized one), flashlight and decent OS (so no windblows, no rotten fruits, no craproid…)? Yeah, I thought so…
    01-08-19 07:30 PM
    Yo recommend some tough one with keyboard, normal size (which almost certainly limits it to slider style), good battery life (even without it having huge milion-Ah-sized one), flashlight and decent OS (so no windblows, no rotten fruits, no craproid…)? Yeah, I thought so…
    Your issues with Android are your own. The devices are there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    01-08-19 07:33 PM
    Sure…and all the others here who are trying as they can to keep their perfectly working (HW-wise) older phones alive as long as they could do it just for fun. Yay
    01-08-19 07:44 PM
    I recently got LogicMail working with my Outlook.com email again, with TLS.

Here are the settings I used:

IMAP server: outlook.office365.com
    Use secure connection: TLS
    Port: 143

SMTP server: smtp-mail.outlook.com
    Use secure connection: TLS
    Port: 587
    Authentication: Login

Similar settings did not work for Gmail. However, you can set up a workaround as follows:

Here's a how-to:

1. Sign up for an outlook.com (or hotmail, live.com, etc.) account. In subsequent steps you will forward your Gmail to this account, and Logicmail will retrieve incoming emails from it.

Use the same identity information as you use with your Gmail account.

2. Set your Gmail account to forward all mail to the account set up in step 1.

Click the gear icon on the top right of the screen, choose settings, select Forwarding and POP/IMAP, choose "Add a forwarding address" and enter the address of the account created in step 1. While you're on that screen, you should enable IMAP access so that you can access the account with third-party clients like Logicmail (You're only going to use the SMTP server, but you probably need IMAP access turned on to do that).

3. In LogicMail, press the BlackBerry button to enter “configuration.” Hover over the accounts section, press the BlackBerry button, and choose the new account wizard.

• Enter your identity information on the first screen. Use the email address that you created in step 1 and choose IMAP. Press “Next.”
    • Enter the IMAP settings for the outlook.com account created in step 1. Press “Next.”
    • Enter the SMTP settings for your Gmail account (currently: smtp.gmail.com | TLS | Port 587 | Login). Press “Next.” (Note: you may need to generate an "Application Specifc Password" in order for Logicmail to log into your Gmail smtp server. Here are some instructions: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en)
    • Make any changes you would like to make on the Miscellaneous screen. “Refresh frequency” determines how often LogicMail will poll the POP server for email. Consider whether you want the app to start automatically on boot, and whether you want it to refresh on startup. Press “Next.”
    • Make any changes you need to make on the Connection Settings page (probably none, as the defaults seem to work). Press “Next.”
    • Press “Test Configuration.” If your information has been entered correctly, both tests should be successful. If one fails, go back and check over your settings.

I've been using this workaround for various accounts for a few years. No one will ever know that their emails were forwarded to the outlook.com account. Your emails will go out from the Gmail SMTP server using the Gmail address, and thus replies to those emails always go to your Gmail account, and from there they will be forwarded to the outlook.com account created in step 1. It works perfectly, and by doing this, you can keep your existing address(es).
    I tried these settings for my outlook account and I was still not able to connect. Help

Error: Connection failed, Unable to open connection
    10-17-19 01:22 AM
    I tried these settings for my outlook account and I was still not able to connect. Help

Error: Connection failed, Unable to open connection
    I just set up LogicMail with an Outlook test account using those settings and it works. Make sure that the username in the account settings pages is your full email address. LogicMail cuts off the part after the @ for some reason and you have to add it in manually.
    10-19-19 10:49 AM
    Thank you so much!!
    Check your internet connection. Your reply took over 16 months to post ;-)
    04-27-20 05:43 AM
    Things got un-stickied when the forum categories changed. This needs bumping.
    Go to http://darkstar.x10host.com/nibble for the most recent version of the original posts in this thread.
    idssteve likes this.
    12-27-20 09:00 PM
169 ... 567