And here's a post from my 9810 using Tapatalk to prove it!
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-04-17 04:06 PM
    @BigBadWulf

The spam filter is rejecting any attempt to edit the first post in this thread on the basis of commercial activity.

Commercial gain was definitely never the point of this thread.

I tried to remove what I thought might be the offending parts of the post (a coupon code for AstraSync that I added sometime last year and a reference to free, open source software), but no luck. Is there some way to get past this? If not, the thread is dead.
    01-02-18 09:23 AM
    @Shuswap this post is HIGHLY appreciated.

I have a working Blackberry because of it.

Anyone know which ServiceBook the official Twitter (and maybe facebook) apps USE?

My browser (thanks to Post #9 , liked below) works over cell phone.

But twitter still realizes I DO NOT have BIS?

If we can "fool" the browser. what service book is needed to "fool" twitter?

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post11362746
    01-05-18 03:12 PM
    @Shuswap this post is HIGHLY appreciated.

I have a working Blackberry because of it.

Anyone know which ServiceBook the official Twitter (and maybe facebook) apps USE?

My browser (thanks to Post #9 , liked below) works over cell phone.

But twitter still realizes I DO NOT have BIS?

If we can "fool" the browser. what service book is needed to "fool" twitter?

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post11362746
    As far as I know, the official Twitter app will only work over WiFi without BIS. However, you may be onto something with respect to service books. Alternatively, you might be able to make it work with Aerize WiFiX.

However, my solution has been to use UberSocial. It's a great Twitter app.
    01-05-18 08:32 PM
    The first two posts in this thread are not up to date. CrackBerry's spam filters reject any attempt to edit either of them due to the numerous links. An up to date version of the tips can be found here.

I will continue to monitor this thread for questions, and will reply here.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 03-18-18 at 05:55 PM.
    01-06-18 07:54 PM
    The first two posts in this thread are not up to date.
    That looks WAY to spammy. Sorry. We're not falling for it.
    If you have something to post and feel the blackberry community should see it then definitely post it where WE ALL ARE. and don't just try to forward us all for another forum that let's you make money from the ads.
    01-09-18 05:33 PM
    Alternatively, you might be able to make it work with Aerize WiFiX.
    Excellent suggestions. Thank you very much. Looking into both those apps now. Although I've figured out that the official "fast responsive mobile website" https://mobile.twitter.com is working for me just fine.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    01-09-18 05:34 PM
    If you have something to post and feel the blackberry community should see it then definitely post it where WE ALL ARE. and don't just try to forward us all for another forum that let's you make money from the ads.
    I think I made it clear that I can't update those posts, and I was trying to provide an alternative. It is my personal website. There are no ads. There is no forum. There is nothing but straight html.
    Grabber5.0 and mushroom_daddy like this.
    01-09-18 07:32 PM
    That's a pretty rude thing to say to a long time member in good standing that is contributng to the community. Why does it look spammy? Seesh..
    01-09-18 07:49 PM
    As far as I know, the official Twitter app will only work over WiFi without BIS. However, you may be onto something with respect to service books. Alternatively, you might be able to make it work with Aerize WiFiX.

Another alternative, which I use on my 9900, is to view twitter feeds via the Dabr site

Dabr is an open source, secure, ad-free, mobile web interface to Twitter's API, by David Carrington <@davidcarrington>

It's not going to meet the demands of big tweeters, maintaining multiple feeds – but for me it provides a nice clean interface to read/review twitter feeds (and lists), make posts etc.

It also produces a neat little icon if you choose to shortcut the bookmark to your Bold favourites
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    01-10-18 09:24 AM
    That's a pretty rude thing to say to a long time member in good standing that is contributing(sig) to the community. Why does it look spammy? Seesh..
    You are correct. It was not meant in any way to talk badly of an amazing contributor.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    01-10-18 09:25 AM
    I think I made it clear that I can't update those posts, and I was trying to provide an alternative. It is my personal website. There are no ads. There is no forum. There is nothing but straight html.
    I stand corrected. At first I thought someone was trying to redirect everyone away and to their own website.

You contribution originally and with the new information is HIGHLY appreciated by rude people like myself and plenty of others whom you've helped with this forum.

Hopefully you can get access to your old post again. Perhaps it's because it's already stick and a VERY important part of this community that the moderators have decided for you not to touch it.
    01-10-18 09:26 AM
    I stand corrected. At first I thought someone was trying to redirect everyone away and to their own website.

You contribution originally and with the new information is HIGHLY appreciated by rude people like myself and plenty of others whom you've helped with this forum.

Hopefully you can get access to your old post again. Perhaps it's because it's already stick and a VERY important part of this community that the moderators have decided for you not to touch it.
    No problem, Damian.

I think that Mobile Nations changed the way their spam filter operates. I used to be able to edit those posts -- and the original posts in the Working and Dead Apps List. Now I can't edit any of them, and I think it's because there are so many links, which makes them appear to be spam to whatever algorithm they're using in the new spam filter.

I have talked to a mod about this, but it doesn't appear that they can do anything to circumvent the spam filter that a regular user can't do themself. So I've written to CrackBerry Kevin. This thread and the Working and Dead Apps thread are really useful and have undoubtedly brought a lot of people to CrackBerry over the years. So I'd like to keep them going. My site is just a temporary expedient, and it redirects people back here to make comments.

All that being said, I'd really prefer to maintain the threads here, because it's a lot easier. Hopefully something can be done.
    01-10-18 09:45 AM
    Another alternative, which I use on my 9900, is to view twitter feeds via the Dabr site

Dabr is an open source, secure, ad-free, mobile web interface to Twitter's API, by David Carrington <@davidcarrington>

It's not going to meet the demands of big tweeters, maintaining multiple feeds – but for me it provides a nice clean interface to read/review twitter feeds (and lists), make posts etc.

It also produces a neat little icon if you choose to shortcut the bookmark to your Bold favourites
    I like it! I'll add it to the Working and Dead Apps List (it's a web app, and I think they qualify), as soon as I get it working again.
    01-10-18 09:46 AM
    Hi everyone, after few days, I was managed to download and make google maps 4.5.1 run on my device, if anyone still interesting, I will post a tutorial for that
    03-08-18 03:26 AM
    I have a BB9900 with the latest version of the UK O2 Firmware.
    I have installed the service books Browser_via_TCP_all_network_beta_V1.1.ipd
    But the native browser still does not work.
    I have also tried other methods and service books but it still does not work.
    The system is completely reset and I have written Movistar APN
    03-08-18 02:30 PM
    Is your data plan work on other device ?
    How about bbw, is it work ?
    03-09-18 09:48 AM
    Hi everyone, after few days, I was managed to download and make google maps 4.5.1 run on my device, if anyone still interesting, I will post a tutorial for that
    Yes please, I've not been able to get 4.5.1 working on my 9900.
    03-10-18 03:21 AM
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bs...zmqS_F9uDD7RGy

1. You need to clean uninstall Google Maps by using BlackBerry Desktop Software (710_b042_multilanguage.exe)
    2. Install Google Maps 3 (GoogleMap-v3.zip), by your phone or desktop app
    3. Go to the Setting of phone, go to Google Maps 3, and make all optin allow, then open Google Maps 3 on your phone, accept all the term and make sure it show the map, then close it.
    4. Connect your phone to pc, open vnbbUtils, if there is a problem about connecting, make sure you exits BB Desktop App on tray icon
    5. On vnbbUtils, go to application on the left side, chose install COD on the right side, move to folder 2884307_Google_Maps_50, chose all the COD in there, and apply
    6. Your phone will restart and everything is done
    In my link, there is 2 version for os4.5 and os5 or above, and both of it will auto switch between data and wifi network
    03-10-18 05:24 AM
    Is your data plan work on other device ?
    How about bbw, is it work ?
    Data plan is OK.
    I have tested on BB9900 with a card from another operator, different from the one I normally use on my other device (BB9360). I believe that I have tried it before and after transferring the configuration from 9360 to 9900 with BB Desktop
    BBW is OK by Wi-Fi. Tomorrow I try with operator, if I do not report it is ok.
    03-14-18 08:04 PM
    The BB 9900 emits 2 messages.
    In the native browser:
    Navigation through the mobile network is not included in your current service plan.
    To browse the Internet, you must use Wi-Fi or contact your service provider to change your service plan.

And in BBW:
    Blackberry World can not connect to the Blackberry World server. Check the network connections and try again.

EDIT, SOLVED:
    This error occurs because the device has active TI business restriction policies. After removing them I have an Internet browser without BIS.
    So how do I first check if the device has active TI policies. This is done in OS6-7 by accessing the menu:
    Options + Device + Device ans Status Information
    In this menu we will have to type "buyr" after which more information will appear indicating if there are TI restrictions in a submenu called "Buyer's Remorse"
    If so, delete them with the program Crackutils.exe from a PC. A reset of the BB will occur. This has not removed any app but it has removed all the data stored in the BB and personal settings. You must make a backup beforehand if you want to keep them.
    It can be downloaded here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/16cxk7.../CrackUtil.zip
    I bought the BB9900 on eBay, did she already come with active TI?
    Never before has a message made me suspicious. Could I install TI policies with a program or by installing the O2 operating system?
    I am now going to try several service books that I have seen on the Internet, such as books for the Blackberry Maps app. I will report results.
    I think it's not too bad to make other service books for Facebook and Twitter. I do not know if you have more information on how to make service books.
    Last edited by Cixert; 03-16-18 at 04:41 PM.
    03-15-18 06:27 PM
    I can not redirect traffic on my other device, BB 9360, with Aerize Wifix from the apps that used to work with BIS like Opera Mini, I've opened a post about it. Please, if you can give some help post here:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13156466
    03-20-18 04:52 PM
    The first two posts in this thread are not up to date. CrackBerry's spam filters reject any attempt to edit either of them due to the numerous links. An up to date version of the tips can be found here.

I will continue to monitor this thread for questions, and will reply here.
    Thank you!
    04-04-18 08:48 AM
    I can not redirect traffic on my other device, BB 9360, with Aerize Wifix from the apps that used to work with BIS like Opera Mini, I've opened a post about it. Please, if you can give some help post here:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13156466
    I have verified that Aerize apps do not work on BBOS 7.1 (Wifix, Loader... alls except Aerize Explorer)

Method to work without BIS after having BIS.
    Valid for third-party applications that have stopped, are working again. The idea is that the applications stop trying to connect by socket to the BIS that no longer exists.
    Note: This method will lose the BIS over Wi-Fi if you still kept it by this way.
    1-Backup of the service book with Blackberry Desktop.
    2-Delete all the service books on Blackberry OS.
    3-Verify that the APN is well configured with the operator.
    4-Restart and run problematic applications.
    5-If Opera Mini does not work, change the connection method in the options of this app, changing the configuration of the Socket-HTTP protocol to the HTTP protocol. Perform similar operations with applications that allow you to change the connection method in your options.
    6-Reinstall the service books copied with Blackberry Dektop.
    7-If the native browser does not work, install the books Browser_via_TCP_all_network_beta_V1.1.ipd
    (most applications will start working with APN, although others will not, since they were only made for BIS and Wi-Fi)
    Last edited by Cixert; 05-31-18 at 08:38 PM.
    04-08-18 10:28 PM
    I am interested

Posted via CB10
    04-15-18 02:13 AM
169 ... 4567