Interesting thing I discovered this morning guys. I charged my phone last night, after a few hours I noticed the green led was on, so I disconnected it.

I woke up this morning, replied to 2 texts, and noticed that the battery didn't appear fully charged. I looked at the device properties, and I was in-fact only at 85% charge. Weird?

So I hooked it up to the charger again for maybe 15mins, and it fully charged.

Perhaps this is why my battery life seems to go a bit quicker while I'm at work.. I go to work with a phone thats still down a 15% charge! I'm gonna start monitoring this every single morning now and see if it happens more often than I realize.

I mean, my phone lasts ALL day.. from 7:30am until around 11-11:30pm. I txt, call, internet, and email a lot.. constant wifi and constant 4g (funny part is, I still end up with far more battery life left at the end of the day than any of the iPhone users!).

Is this a documented problem, or am I onto something?
    12-31-11 11:24 AM
    Interesting thing I discovered this morning guys. I charged my phone last night, after a few hours I noticed the green led was on, so I disconnected it.

I woke up this morning, replied to 2 texts, and noticed that the battery didn't appear fully charged. I looked at the device properties, and I was in-fact only at 85% charge. Weird?

So I hooked it up to the charger again for maybe 15mins, and it fully charged.

Perhaps this is why my battery life seems to go a bit quicker while I'm at work.. I go to work with a phone thats still down a 15% charge! I'm gonna start monitoring this every single morning now and see if it happens more often than I realize.

I mean, my phone lasts ALL day.. from 7:30am until around 11-11:30pm. I txt, call, internet, and email a lot.. constant wifi and constant 4g (funny part is, I still end up with far more battery life left at the end of the day than any of the iPhone users!).

Is this a documented problem, or am I onto something?
    It's making the rounds on the forums. Had it happen to me as well, and in my case charging overnight with the device off gets it to 100%.
    12-31-11 01:18 PM
    I always charge with the phone off... But r u saying to charge it while its in my holster???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-11 03:56 PM
    I always charge with the phone off... But r u saying to charge it while its in my holster???

No, no; the usage of "case" in my post means "situation". Personal experience, so to speak.
    12-31-11 04:16 PM
    Occassionally, when my battery is not fully charged, but plugged into the charger, the flashing lightening bolt will stop and it will indicate the battery is fully charged.

Unplugging the charger and then putting it back into the Bold seems to "restart" the charging, but I have a sense it's all related somehow. Also worried that if I go to bed with a low battery on the charger, it will stop charging, and further drain the battery, and I will wake up to a dreaded nuked or bricked Bold. I've had it just about a month now.
    12-31-11 04:53 PM
    Oh sorry I misunderstood that. This is peculiar that it stops charging prematurely. I haven't been able test my theory out yet tho, as I've been on the run. But tomorrow night I'll be able to test the whole charging thing at night and will report back.

01-01-12 04:31 PM
    Alright guys slight update. My phone was blinking red earlier. I hooked usb up to my laptop and charged my phone. I don't believe the led was blinking once the phone was out of the red. The phone charged fine to 90%, then it hung at 90% for a very long time. I unplugged and replugged, and withing 5-15mins my charge was at 100%. I've also been using my 4g internet now for 2.5-3hrs straight, and texting the entire time, and light fb usage, and I'm sitting at 50% battery remaining. I'd say that's pretty darn good!

01-02-12 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD