i got theory about why the Bold 9900 has less than stellar battery life....i know, i know, everyone says the battery life sucks....but i tried the GS2 and a family member has the iphone 4s and battery life on both were about the same as the bold

BUT none of them have the reception that the 9900. i've had horrible reception at my work ever since i switched to ATT. But now, the bold gets 3 - 5 bar 4G signals almost all the time! Im amazed!

i know bad reception causes poor battery life, but wouldnt an antenna with a high Rx/Tx power also cause faster battery drain?

Just a thought...

How do you guys see ur reception since upgrading? improved, the same, worse?
    11-12-11 08:27 PM
    When reception is poor the phone feeds more power to the radios to get a better signal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 10:23 PM
    when i put mine on edge i have great battery results.
    i can get even lower than 1% on idle.

when on 3g mine will always eat up 5-6% by not touching it upstairs in my house, downstairs at 7%, and in my office 20% - on idle.

so yes when reception is poor the battery works harder. but i always get a signal even where my nokia won't get any so yes the phone is good in that regard.
    11-12-11 10:32 PM
    I have a 9930 with vzw, 5 bars constantly, great battery life. I don't know why others are having issues with the battery. Mine wouldn't fully charge the first time until I ran it into the red once. I have had superb battery with heavy use from then on. Hope all concerned find a solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 10:34 PM
    All of the radios on the 99xx pale in comparison to the 9780. We have several 9900's and they don't hold a candle to the 9780 - not on the Mobile /Bluetooth, or WiFi radios.
    11-12-11 10:52 PM
    I never test the bluetooth radio
    But for cell and wifi radio this 9900 is the worst
    Compared to my previous berries.
    Even compared to my Iphone 4 with its "antenagate" issues, this 9900 does receive weaker signal.
    And the wifi is very very bad
    2 Meter away from the acces point and the wifi only received 3 bar out of 5.
    I think the problem is not with the hardware
    But software.
    Crossing my finger till the OS 7.1 released
    11-13-11 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD