Hello, so i bought this 9900 supposingly unlocked and unbranded. But on the phone i noticed there are some Rogers icons, and especially bookmarks.

Anyone know of a way to delete these apps/bookmarks?

Thank you in advance.

B
    12-30-11 03:49 PM
    The best option is just to hide them. You can delete the service books but over time they will just come back when your device gets service books again.
    12-30-11 03:55 PM
    Sounds like you bought a Rogers unlocked device, rather than an unbranded one.

Delete all your service books, then resend them. That should remove all the Rogers links... and replace them with your own carrier's
    12-30-11 03:58 PM
    Sounds like you bought a Rogers unlocked device, rather than an unbranded one.

Delete all your service books, then resend them. That should remove all the Rogers links... and replace them with your own carrier's
    Im new to blackberry, you mind telling me how i can delete the service books? And what are the purpose of resending them?

Edit: so i managed to delete the Rogers App Store app from the service books, but then the bookmarks are still there and there is no option for deleting those bookmarks.
    Last edited by pl4ter; 12-30-11 at 04:12 PM.
    12-30-11 04:06 PM
    if your carrier is rogers then NO, you can't delete the bookmarks
    Annoying I know, I can't delete mine either
    12-30-11 05:20 PM
    Im new to blackberry, you mind telling me how i can delete the service books? And what are the purpose of resending them?

Edit: so i managed to delete the Rogers App Store app from the service books, but then the bookmarks are still there and there is no option for deleting those bookmarks.
    Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Service Book

You can delete them all from there, especially all the Rogers ones. The purpose of resending them is that you will receive the correct ones from your carrier, and the Rogers ones shouldn't return if you're not using a Rogers SIM.

You can resend your service books either via your carrier's BIS website, or directly from the phone via the Setup application.
    12-30-11 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD